Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #31

Yeah that cafe one looks really cool, this one works out cheapest after shipping though http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...#ht_500wt_1182

Old 11-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #32

I am sure he can make any of those seats. Right now he is doing custom golf car seats.

I was just looking a the simple ones.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #33

Check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_975

Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
There's your complete electrical system, including battery, and battery box. All the individual parts would cost a significant amount of the asking price, plus you would have to search them out, and make your own wiring harness. I think you found a pretty good deal, Allen!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #35

That and the engine and I would be about 95% done. Looks like a pretty good deal.

Time to start saving. Looks like gas is going back up too. Going to need this little guy.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #36

Wow! All this talk about CT's is making me want to get my old 70 from the farm and see what I can do with it

Old 11-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #37

That looks like a painless approach to wiring. The 35 watt headlight seems a little dim, but that could be improved down the road.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Wow! All this talk about CT's is making me want to get my old 70 from the farm and see what I can do with it
Don't hold out on us! Is the farm very far? We're gonna need pics of the CT70 (and the farm, especially any vintage tractors).

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-05-2010, 03:22 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Don't hold out on us! Is the farm very far? We're gonna need pics of the CT70 (and the farm, especially any vintage tractors).
X2! I can't believe you were holding out on us! Give it up, Stew!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #40

The farm is not too far away, about 45 minutes on the highway. Grew up there and bought my old (1970 I think) CT70 from my uncle when I was about 10. Rode the wheels off of it then tried to "rebuild" the engine and boffed it. The trick would be finding all the parts to get it back in one piece. As far as vintage tractors W&G, I had 3 John Deere AR tractors in running condition but I sold them all at my parents farm auction when they quit farming... All we have left out there for tractors is our old McCormick W6. My dad bought a W9 with a loader but we never got it home (located at neighbors 10 miles away with a seized engine).

My old CT looks exactly like this one, was a great bike to occupy my time when I was a kid

Cheers,
Stew

No threadjack intended, just Stew having flashbacks...

Old 11-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #41

I had a minibike with a briggs 3hp and then moved up to an xr75. Don't know if there is any pics out there.

Maybe we need to start a new thread for bikes and tractors from our childhood.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
There's your complete electrical system, including battery, and battery box. All the individual parts would cost a significant amount of the asking price, plus you would have to search them out, and make your own wiring harness. I think you found a pretty good deal, Allen!

Spud
Looks like I can get alot of the pieces separately at very reasonable prices too. I am probably going to go that route since I want to do some customizing. That or just resell the pieces I don't use.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #43

Quote:
Now we're talking!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
I have some neighbors who collect vintage tractors. I can show them to you when you visit and pick up your XR parts.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #45

Doc, I don't know what it is about old tractors, but I love 'em. Son of Weldangrind and I are looking forward to our visit, if I ever finish this kitchen. He's quite interested in seeing your Maule.

Stew, your old bike sounds like a great candidate for a Chinese 125. We should all do it! We could start a club! And have jackets! Ok, I'm getting carried away. After buying a non-running tractor with a seized motor that is ten miles away, I think your Dad would fit in nicely here.

Kato, that new thread idea is excellent! I'll see if I can find a photo of my first bike. It was an early seventies Indian, back when they were owned by Morini Franco in Italy. It was a fat little 100cc two-stroke that made awesome power, at least back when I was South of 100 pounds.