Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #1

thinking

you guys know how i want the 163cc bore for my 110cc atv i was thinking since its higher cc's and i only have 3 gears with reverse will i get to reach my top speed with only 3 gears and 163cc's

Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #2

Well four gears would be a bit better overall I suppose but you can get by with three.

You may have to play around with the final ratio's (chain sprockets) after you get it back up and running.

lastly and I'm a nobody here so it doesnt really matter but why do you keep starting new threads on the same subject?
It is much easier to keep it all in one thread IMO but like I said I'm a nobody here.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #3

If it were me, I'd sell the 110 (if it's new, you could probably sell it on Craig's List for what it cost- or even more, as i did with my mine) and take the money you get from it, along with what the bore kit would cost, and all the other mods...and just get a fast 250cc like tyhe Vbike V4SW...which is twice as fast as any tweaked 110.

I think you're fighting a losing battle trying to make the 110 into something it's not. Especially if it's a three speed(automatic? even worse...)

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #4

got a quaestion bout my 110cc atv carb i start the quad with the choke onn and then when i go 2 turn it off i have no throttle respone and it shuts off but when i have the choke on i have instant respone but slow speed

Old 04-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #5

let it warm up a little longer and slowly reduce the choke...sometimes these engines need a little TLC before they operate properly...sometime when i let mine warm up i'll adjust the idle on the carb....then as i turn the choke off, i go back and turn the idle down....and adjust it just enough that it will just puuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...., but this is only done when its COLD outside, never needed in the warmer spring or hotter summers..

Neo

Old 04-09-2009, 03:20 AM   #6

The 163 cc conversion will destroy that auto-clutch and 3 speed box in short order. It's not designed to take that much torque. It won't do the crank bearings any favours either. In any case the engine will have to be stripped completely as some machining of the crankases is necessary. The barrel just won't fit otherwise. Are you mechanically competent to undertake that level of work?. If you're not, the cost to have a mechanic do it will be astronomical.

The advice given earlier by KentuckyDonkey is wise. There's no point in trying to turn what is essentially a low-powered toy into a fire-breathing monster. That way lies expense and disillusionment. The machine will just end up abandoned in a corner of the garage like so many others. Not trying to upset you or anything, but I've seen this sort of thing too often. Not going any further than my own family, I have a nephew that can turn any mechanical device to scrap in a matter of weeks...
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #7

Well said, Forchetto! (Aren't you the guy who owns Pinnochio? :wink: )

What's going to happen if Capone does all these upgrades (bore kit; carb, exhaust, sprocket....) is that he will notice a little difference the first day or two, and then will still be looking for more power, and then to upgrade the suspension, which likely will seem wanting with more power....while beating the crap out of a machine that wasn't engineered to take it. (Wonder if his 110 even has front brakes?)

And he'll hbave dumper a ton of money into the 110, and still not have what he wants. If it were me, even if I couldn't afford to trade up to the 250 yet, I'd enjoy the 110 as it is whilst i was saving up for the 250 (He's gotta be a good part of the way there, if he can afford the upgrades).

Believe us, Capone, for all the money you'll put into the 110, you won't be happy- but with a fast 250 (and pay attention to these posts...not all 250's are the same!), you'll be happy, and can even do some mods to that if you want, and at least have a bike that has the suspension, transmission, brakes, etc. to handle it, and make good use of it.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #8

I would take the advice and just go straight to a new 250. The most I would go for upgrading the 110 would be a 125 or 140.

I think the 250 is running about $1200 for vbike.

Allen