Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
culcune.... Was it team cheap you were thinking of.
Yes! I believe that is him!! Mike is his name, now that you brought that memory back for me...Thanks!!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-10-2017, 10:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I have been reading good things about even the cheap enduros on international sites, like Horizonsunlimited; a few people on different thread remarked how, with them being on large, 'exotic' bikes while touring places like Morocco, they were having trouble getting through rough places, while getting passed by 'locals on 150cc bikes' and wishing they had small bikes, too. One guy from Horizons and ADVrider with a long thread about riding around Africa to find surf spots, had a friend meet him in S. Africa. His friend bought a 229cc Bashan 'Explode' (yes, that was the name ) enduro, and the two rode from S. Africa, and ended up 6000 kms later in Tanzania in a few weeks (his friend was on vacation) and the only issue his friend had was the chain stretched beyond use, and they had no idea where they could source one (which they probably could have, but were on remote roads, away from major cities along their 6000 km route. Once in the major city, his friend found a chain, sold the bike to a local dealer, and flew back to England.
At the Horizons Unlimited meet in Mariposa this year, Peter Day (CEO of Mosko Moto, a luggage company) described doing exactly that. He and his wife like to fly into third world locations, pick up a cheap used CG clone, plop his luggage on it, ride all over, and then sell the bike and go home. When he saw our TT250 at the event, he asked if he could borrow it for his presentation. It was an interesting talk (I think I enjoyed it more than any of the others there). Our blog post on that event is here: http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=23120

This is Peter during his presentation, with his luggage and our TT250. He impressed me as a really cool guy.