Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2022, 06:28 PM   #16

There is not much to it, you should be able to do this swap with the engine still on the frame.
Check out Bruce Mobley on YouTube for some good reference. There are several videos of folks doing lifan and Chinese heads on YouTube as well, I watched all of them.

Loosen up the timing chain tension bolt before you try and remove the timing sprocket, it'll make it easier. The hardest part was getting the jug on over the piston rings but make sure they keep the orientation you install them with

Good luck, don't be afraid to ask questions along the way

Last edited by 4T_Goblin; 11-02-2022 at 06:48 AM.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaudio1 View Post
I just bought this and will be upgrading to the 141bbk. It'll be my first time as well in getting into these bikes. Would like to see what steps I need to do in order to get this on. I searched youtube and watched what I can find but I think there are steps missing. Any insight is appreciated. The Tbolt kit should be arriving next week.

Thanks
What steps do you think are missing? --- The rhetorical version of that would be how do you know they are missing if you don't already know all the steps?

I've done this bbk about a dozen times. It's very straightforward.

Let me know if you have questions or need any help on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4T_Goblin View Post
There is not much to it, you should be able to do this swap with the engine still on the frame.
Check out Bruce Mobley on YouTube for some good reference. There are several videos of folks doing lifan and Chinese heads on YouTube as well, I watched all of them.

Loosen up the timing chain tension bolt before it try and remove the timing sprocket, it'll make it easier. The hardest part was getting the jug on over the piston rings but make sure they keep the orientation you install them with

Good luck, don't be afraid to ask questions along the price
This... and when searching YouTube, don't limit your search keywords to just those about big bore kits. The steps and processes are identical to simply replacing the piston.

So any Honda Z50 style engine rebuild vid is going to do the trick. I saw tons of Trail 90 or Honda Monkey engine rebuild videos and the process is the same.

Pull head, remove cylinder, remove piston, install piston, install new cylinder, reinstall head.

The details are the steps to do each and all the tiny in-between steps like releasing cam chain tensioner, aligning cam gear, setting TDC, how to install piston rings... et AL.

Old 11-30-2022, 09:43 AM   #18

Here is the Vader with a couple hundred more miles and a Nibbi pe24 with an air intake modification.

https://youtube.com/shorts/rjzjkqwg51Q?feature=share

Old 02-26-2023, 04:17 PM   #19

Update