Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #1

More Dual-Sport Bikes Coming...

There has been some discussion of Kayo brand and apparently they are related to Pitster (perhaps OEM for some of their bikes?). A recent discussion of Kayo made me think of where I heard that name and I recalled a representative from Kayo joined us a couple years ago and mentioned their kids sized quads. I have seen Kayo quads in person at some of the sleazy-looking motorsports places that dot downtown L.A. and I can say they do look several notches above the other quads offered, in quality, and the prices did reflect this. I did recall that they added a 200cc adult sports quad and utility quad as I had seen their name on the EPA off-road certification list. Ice Bear seems to be their distributor in the US as they show them on their site.

The other day I decided to check out the Kayo site, and low and behold, they are showing 3 upcoming dirt bikes; two pure dirt, and one dual-sport. The page teases 'Winter 2019' but we all know how the release dates of bikes' are never what we X-Pect, er, expect. The T4 looks nearly identical to the Pitster Pro XTR T4 series (21/18, 17/17 motard, 19/16) which seem to indicate they are the same OEM. Perhaps the release of this bike will tame Pitster's price on the XTR? Either way, I look forward to these bikes!

https://www.kayomoto.us/ditbikes

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #2

Nice looking bikes! Thanks for the update!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #3

Cool. Is that the CG engine or an OHC version?

Old 08-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Cool. Is that the CG engine or an OHC version?
Not sure since the only info is a tease photo.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #5

I bought a PitsterPro LXR250 which is a Kayo K6. It has fuel injection and street-legal lights & horn. It's a very good bike. The one I got was a close-out unit from PitsterPro. They don't offer the LXR250 anymore.

I've wondered when another importer would offer it. The Kayo site only shows them for off-road use, but obviously will make them street legal if asked.

Alibaba shows them for $2170 in wholesale quantities of 24 or more. I don't know how much markup an importer needs for overhead & profit to make it worthwhile, maybe 2X?

Pitster offers an improved bike using the Zongshen NC250 engine now, called the GPX line. They are a step up in quality.

It would be interesting to see what the retail price difference is between the two models, when somebody offers the K6 in the US again.