Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #1

hello from canada !! need help :P

i have a jianshe that starts but wont switch into gear could somone give me a hand !!

Old 01-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #2

You just bought this machine? It's had a little rough use. Chain is missing, right foot peg looks twisted. That's what I see in the picture.
You would need to check the clutch to see it's condition. Start with the cable functionality and the shift lever function before opening the case.

Welcome tough!!

Regards,
Dak

... Owner of a 2007 200cc Beast

Old 01-24-2017, 07:47 PM   #3

Dakados

hey man the one in the picture is not mine but its exact i have chain and pegs are good. i can get it to start but it doesnt want to go into gear. i canto feel the clutch engaging but the cable does pull

Old 01-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #4

d/l & read XL200 shop manual http://www.pdfmotomanual.com/index.p...=1846&lang=ENG for ref 1st if opening the cover

Old 01-24-2017, 09:28 PM   #5

When the engine is off, will it shift through all five gears? If yes, there's a problem with something in the clutch system. Start with the easiest, and most common points of failure, oil level, clutch cable, clutch cable adjustment, and make sure the cable is pulling the clutch actuating lever on the engine side cover. If all that is good, the clutch plates may be stuck from sitting. Try this, put the bike in 2nd or 3rd gear, pull the clutch lever in, and try to roll the bike backward and forward. After a few minutes, it should break free. If this doesn't work, then it's time to pull the side cover.

If it won't go into any gear, but can still roll as if it's in neutral, there is bad transmission problems that will require a complete and total engine case tear down. If this is the case, it will be cheaper to buy another bike or engine. It's hard to find transmission parts for China bikes.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
d/l & read XL200 shop manual http://www.pdfmotomanual.com/index.p...=1846&lang=ENG for ref 1st if opening the cover
thanks !

Old 01-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
When the engine is off, will it shift through all five gears? If yes, there's a problem with something in the clutch system. Start with the easiest, and most common points of failure, oil level, clutch cable, clutch cable adjustment, and make sure the cable is pulling the clutch actuating lever on the engine side cover. If all that is good, the clutch plates may be stuck from sitting. Try this, put the bike in 2nd or 3rd gear, pull the clutch lever in, and try to roll the bike backward and forward. After a few minutes, it should break free. If this doesn't work, then it's time to pull the side cover.

If it won't go into any gear, but can still roll as if it's in neutral, there is bad transmission problems that will require a complete and total engine case tear down. If this is the case, it will be cheaper to buy another bike or engine. It's hard to find transmission parts for China bikes.
pm you

Old 01-25-2017, 03:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
hey man the one in the picture is not mine but its exact i have chain and pegs are good. i can get it to start but it doesnt want to go into gear. i canto feel the clutch engaging but the cable does pull
You may feel resistance in the cable, as another said, watch the lever to make sure it's moving... When the handle is completely dis-engaged, feel if the lever will travel further, cables do stretch.

I wish you great luck on this vehicle. If it's like pictured it could be very fun!

Regards,
Dak

... Owner of a 2007 200cc Beast

Old 01-25-2017, 07:53 AM   #9

Quote:
pm you
Replied.

Here are a couple videos that I think may help you understand a motorcycle clutch.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:12 PM   #10

marshalls bike

thanks alot everyone ill post pictures of each step of tearing it down. make sure im doing everything thing correctly and if i need anyparts hopefully you guys can help me out best regards

Old 01-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #11

Quote:
thanks alot everyone ill post pictures of each step of tearing it down. make sure im doing everything thing correctly and if i need anyparts hopefully you guys can help me out best regards
Good luck. Take your time, and take pics of every thing as you tear it down. It will help with reassembly.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:17 AM   #12

Marshall, you may want to document your teardown clutch replacement on a new descriptive thread title so that it may help others searching for help in servicing their clutches in the future.. good luck, I will definitely tune in. Ex,cg clutch replacement
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~