Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #1

Yamasaki Ghost 50cc bike

Hi all- I have a Yamasaki Ghost 50cc supermotard bike

YM50-e, 139FMB GY6 style horizontal engine, manual gear box, 4 speed. It is a Grom clone styled bike.
Edit: it is an MC 156-50

I need to get a new dual port air filter, but I cannot find anything that looks remotely like what I have on the bike. It's carbureted (You-All 19mm Carb, left hand manual choke) but it looks more like a Grom clone, even matching the Grom air box and breather tubes. I need a new gasket for the box itself.

I am uncertain if I actually need both of these tubes connected to the air filter or not. The Grom is fuel injected and mine is not.

1 tube appears to be a crank case breather tube and the other.. I'm guessing.. Maybe EGR.. Something for emissions.. Not very certain about this.

The air filter is separating at the boot where it fits over the carb so I'm trying to replace this and see if sealing that crack does anything for me. I would like to put on a pod filter but I cannot find filters with 2 ports.. Only single port.

Another issue is that the gas cap doesn't seem to fit snuggly on the tank, so I'm looking to purchase a new gasket for that or a new cap (locking cap with key). There's a little bit of wiggle, unsure of performance effects.

I'm trying to post pictures but they are all bigger than the 193kb limit, so please bare with me.

Thanks all

Last edited by 4T_Goblin; 06-19-2021 at 02:53 AM.