Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
man... those are some low ratios... i am running 13-38 on my sumo-d roketa... mostly cause thats the smallest i could find for a ninja 250 wheel...LOL
I think you mean tall ratios. And not really, 2.6 is the sweet spot for these bikes and since Jay is a banty class rider 2.54 is right for his 140lbs. And since I'm in the heavyweight division 2.66 is good for my 260lbs.

And I'm not sure what size rim you have but at 2.92 that thing must be a tractor lol.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 12-05-2019, 01:34 AM   #17

Do not sell your Hawk! I sold my Hawk for what I had into it and I miss it. I have a Buell Ulysses and a BMW F650, both are dual sport bikes and I am considering buying another Hawk. I find myself coming back here more than I should now that my Hawk gone.

Roy

Old 12-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Yesterday Jay took mean green for a spin because it reached 60° out.
We crossed the old bridge in Mcconnelsville which is very narrow and I had to pass another big Dodge. Jay looks over at me all wild eyed and loudly proclaims "My mirror is hitting the side of the bridge!" Now what actually happened we will never know, but I think it was a case of spontaneous mirror combustion caused by solar flares.

Either way it looks like we'll be upgrading the mirrors. If big Dan could chime in I'd like a link to his mirrors, if Jay approves of that style ofcourse.
Years ago I had a spray tank in the back of a nice Chev p/u with the old diesel engine, nice truck, anyways, of course Had the spray booms upward across this bridge, and of course "what was the cause of the accident?, going too fast" Both spray booms fell downward, and click click click, many click clicks, might have chink chink chink....wiped off all the spray nozzles on both booms!

Hope no fish were scarred!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 12-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #19

Hawk update

Well after a month cousin Jay finally got around to fixing the flat front tire on mean green. He hasn't really been motivated to do anything since the passing of our dear friend Lowell Mayle. And he's got a boat load of upgrades/parts to install.

We found the culprit to be the second spoke from the valve stem which was very loose. I wonder about the quality of Chinese spokes because we checked all of them on the initial build and now 3 had really stretched.

We put 2 rim strips on it and replaced the tube with a heavy duty Kenda. Hopefully he won't have any tire trouble for a bit. The bike fired right up and sounded good, but jay is notorious for forgetting to turn the fuel petcock on. It happens so often it's actually an issue, and I've offered to send him to counseling.

And this was our first opportunity to use the new motorcycle jack/lift. Fellow Hawkers RUN (dont walk) to your computer and order this product! I was skeptical at first, never had much luck with screw type scissor jacks, but this thing is the real deal. It's easy to crank, has adjustable frame mounts, and lifts 1100lbs from 3" to 17" (not counting the 2" frame mounts). This thing is quality built and so easy to turn I can put an adapter on my impact driver and crank it up or down in seconds. And at $49 shipped it's worth it's weight in gold.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0186...b_b_asin_title
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191223_140512.jpg (87.6 KB, 136 views)
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 12-23-2019, 08:06 PM   #20

Does anyone know where I can find the brake handle back plate here the mirrors thread into? I laid mine down last week and broke one.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt28Wood View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the brake handle back plate here the mirrors thread into? I laid mine down last week and broke one.
Either a new master cylinder or you could use a mirror mount next to start button, if you fall it won’t break the master cylinder

Old 12-25-2019, 08:08 AM   #22

This is a Hensim which is the china name for the Haosen USA brand
EFI counterbalance 150 I think it is.
National 4 which is EFI and a bit more became mandatory for road bikes in China
I suspect that’s why they also made a DKX - sell more from investment into EFI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3B22EE19-FC21-4A1D-87EC-08C34EB9E94C.jpg (20.3 KB, 121 views)