Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #1

Anyone know what would cause this?

My Blinkers don't flash, they just stay solid color, also my horn doesn't work.
Would Anyone have an idea what would cause this, I am wiring up my bike to make it road legal.

Thank you

Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #2

What vehicle/motorcycle are we talking about? Did you change any light bulbs lately (maybe changed some to LEDs?)?

If it's all original lights/flasher then:

I would start by checking the "Flasher" and any/all wires leading to your switch/buttons, the lights/horn, fuses, and the ground wires.

Usually a "solid/not flashing blinker" is due to a burnt out bulb, not enough electric draw to cause the "Flasher" to work, or an old and tired "Flasher" that doesn't work anymore (most only have a working life of 60 to 140 hours).

If it is your "Flasher" might I suggest looking into the Tridon brand (made in Australia), I always use them when I needed a new Flasher, I'm still using the one I bought 14 or 15 years ago for my Eagle Talon and it only cost $10 or $12 last time I bought one.

If you changed to LED Turn Signals, then you will need to either wire in some resistors or find a LED Flasher that is compatible with your vehicle... Both I'm not the best at with helping, I always got my Dad or the Internet to help me with the LED Turn Signals/Resistors wired.

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #3

Flasher? Resister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
What vehicle/motorcycle are we talking about? Did you change any light bulbs lately (maybe changed some to LEDs?)?

If it's all original lights/flasher then:

I would start by checking the "Flasher" and any/all wires leading to your switch/buttons, the lights/horn, fuses, and the ground wires.

Usually a "solid/not flashing blinker" is due to a burnt out bulb, not enough electric draw to cause the "Flasher" to work, or an old and tired "Flasher" that doesn't work anymore (most only have a working life of 60 to 140 hours).

If it is your "Flasher" might I suggest looking into the Tridon brand (made in Australia), I always use them when I needed a new Flasher, I'm still using the one I bought 14 or 15 years ago for my Eagle Talon and it only cost $10 or $12 last time I bought one.

If you changed to LED Turn Signals, then you will need to either wire in some resistors or find a LED Flasher that is compatible with your vehicle... Both I'm not the best at with helping, I always got my Dad or the Internet to help me with the LED Turn Signals/Resistors wired.
Interesting, I don't think my bike even has a flasher or any resisters? I'm doing this harness from scratch and I wired the blinkers/lights,rearlight horn switches. Would any flasher or resisters be installed in the switch itself?

I dono, but maybe ill buy a flasher and install it on the blinker wires? do I need 4 flashers or just two? One on the Light Blue wire and One on the Orange wire?

Any tips on fixing my situation would be great.
Thanks

Old 03-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #4

Just one. The blue and orange wires should come from either side of the ts switch.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Interesting, I don't think my bike even has a flasher or any resisters? I'm doing this harness from scratch and I wired the blinkers/lights,rearlight horn switches. Would any flasher or resisters be installed in the switch itself?

I dono, but maybe ill buy a flasher and install it on the blinker wires? do I need 4 flashers or just two? One on the Light Blue wire and One on the Orange wire?

Thanks
Ok knowing you are building it from scratch helps a lot

Just one Flasher should work for the entire system, but it depends on what bulbs and watts/amps drawn on them to what Flasher you will need.

With the horn, you will need to wire in a fuse and relay also to get it to work properly, might need to check the ground(s) if it already has a relay/fuse wired in

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #6

Quote:

Thanks

Sorry to say this....
Really mate.. If yer didn't know you needed a flasher unit
I don't think you should be playing around with the wireing at all...

And if you want to learn.... have someone beside you to learn from...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 03-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #7

Love doing it

[QUOTE=pete;208105]Sorry to say this....
Really mate.. If yer didn't know you needed a flasher unit
I don't think you should be playing around with the wireing at all...

And if you want to learn.... have someone beside you to learn from...

Yes I agree, but right now Spud is taking me step by step in the process of learning, I do not have anyone to show me, and I wish I did. This is a good learning fase for me and enjoying every minute, I have a lot of patients trust me. With 3 kids in the house I'm good to go

This will teach me a lot, I enjoy doing it.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:02 PM   #8

Quote:

Just one Flasher should work for the entire system, but it depends on what bulbs and watts/amps drawn on them to what Flasher you will need.

With the horn, you will need to wire in a fuse and relay also to get it to work properly, might need to check the ground(s) if it already has a relay/fuse wired in

Hi, Thanks for helping me.
Ok ill find the ad where I got the Blinkers. Not to sure what watts they are..

So I need one flasher and a fuse and a relay, what amp of fuse and where would I buy these things... Any tips on where and how to install them etc?

Old 03-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #9

Quote:
....So I need one flasher and a fuse and a relay, what amp of fuse and where would I buy these things... Any tips on where and how to install them etc?
Isn't there a fuse near battery ? U just add street legal equipment...
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15137 #6 is a splitted diagram
The FULL format should be somthing like http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJZJQGz
---
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36546726632
Flasher (闪光器) is the T plug

Old 03-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Isn't there a fuse near battery ? U just add street legal equipment...
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15137 #6 is a splitted diagram
The FULL format should be somthing like http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJZJQGz
---
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36546726632
Flasher (闪光器) is the T plug

Yeah that harness would of been good, but I'm almost completed this setup. Just need to figure out why the horn is not working and the Blinkers are not blinking. The Trigger finger button too.. hmmm

Old 03-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #11

Quote:

Ok I found the ebay purchase history. They are LED Lights.
4x Black Front Rear Motorcycle LED Turn Signal Light 39mm Fork Clamp
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/4X-Motorcycle...RWXfcB&vxp=mtr
So what items do I need to fix this issue?

Old 03-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #12

LED & Flasher http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16090