Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
I could be wrong but that does not include shipping or EPA testing let alone NTSHA testing either. And forget CARB testing. I believe the importer is responsible for that otherwise I'd order a shipping container (96 units) of them.... Not kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It occurred to me that it might be wise to buy a container of bikes, even if just for parts. If the bikes can be imported for off-road use only, perhaps CARB doesn't come into play (it doesn't in Canada). The frames would be useless, but there would be a giant cache of motors, wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. I'm pretty sure the group here would be in need of such things eventually.
Pistolclass is very near what needs to be done to import.
I could be wrong, but trying to get DIYcycles.us off the ground and talking with EPA, off road use only, like the Hawk, all you need is to be EPA compliant. CARB is more complicated. You can import all the non compliant motorcycles you want but they must be CKD. The engine must have the crank and piston rod separated. So what you have is a CKD engine and whole lot of parts. Not what I want to import.

I may have found a loophole in EPA rules so I can import non compliant Dirt Bikes. Got EPA they have not said NO, but I need the paper work and it never shows up. It's like they are putting me off

The container of bikes I would like to import are from Fuego.