Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2017, 08:02 AM   #1

dirtdaze

https://dirtdazerally.com/

I went up yesterday for breakfast and a ride, there were 20 bikes in the group, mostly adventure bikes, Bmw seemed to be the favorite, I had the only CB in the group. we rode mostly on dirt roads and a good amount of paved road there was only one section of off road for about 2 miles, but it was a good time. when I told the group what the Hawk sells for they didnt believe me, they were all searching them on their phones when we got back.

the obstacle coarse was fun, I made 2 passes thru but a new record time wasnt meant to be, infact it wasnt even remotely close

Why arent any of the CB distributors using events like this to promote them?
almost all the people I talked to had no idea these bikes, wheelers Ect... even existed.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:23 PM   #2

I just don't see distributors, other than CSC, jumping into the expense of these things...especially considering recent stories of puke dealers/distributors screwing customers and offering horrific customer service., My opinion is the quality of our bikes and our riders will be the best advertising....that and more exposure to this forum and its inmates.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by old kid View Post
https://dirtdazerally.com/

I went up yesterday for breakfast and a ride, there were 20 bikes in the group, mostly adventure bikes, Bmw seemed to be the favorite, I had the only CB in the group. we rode mostly on dirt roads and a good amount of paved road there was only one section of off road for about 2 miles, but it was a good time. when I told the group what the Hawk sells for they didnt believe me, they were all searching them on their phones when we got back.

the obstacle coarse was fun, I made 2 passes thru but a new record time wasnt meant to be, infact it wasnt even remotely close

Why arent any of the CB distributors using events like this to promote them?
almost all the people I talked to had no idea these bikes, wheelers Ect... even existed.
Took guts to show up around there with All that high $ hardware. Most riders realize it's not what you ride but that you ride. There will always be a few jerks too
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Took guts to show up around there with All that high $ hardware. Most riders realize it's not what you ride but that you ride. There will always be a few jerks too

They were pretty open to the bike, if anyone had a problem with it they didn't say anything, the group i was with was pretty decent,

Besides I've never really cared much about what others think,

Old 06-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #5

I think the dealers don't get involved because they really are not interested in motorbikes ,just the money .I bet many of the dealers don't even ride their products at all ,and when you read some of their advertisements ,the glaring mistakes that a bike guy would know wouldn't be in place in the ad. Csc is one of very few china bike dealerships that seem to get it ,and put the effort in .

Old 06-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #6

How True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I think the dealers don't get involved because they really are not interested in motorbikes ,just the money .I bet many of the dealers don't even ride their products at all ,and when you read some of their advertisements ,the glaring mistakes that a bike guy would know wouldn't be in place in the ad. Csc is one of very few china bike dealerships that seem to get it ,and put the effort in .
That's one thing I like about Harley Davidson. They have H.O.G. ( Harley Owners Group). I don't know about now, but back in 2003, H.O.G. was great! There are times that I consider opening up a Chinese motorcycle dealership, just because I like riding, the motorcycles, the people and just being part of it all.

When people are buying a motorcycle, they are excited! Just read some of the posts on this website. It's sad when the deal falls apart and the buyer doesn't get any help from the dealer! These are inexpensive motorcycles, note I didn't say cheap, but we still expect to get what we paid for! If it's wrong, just make it right!

Sorry, got on a soap box!

We should organize are own rides! I know there is a way to make a map and all the members can flag where they are. Or, have a state/regional section, where we can post our rides.

Ok, I have to get back to fixing my Hawk!

Ride Safe!

Dan-O
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Last edited by kirbo7106; 06-10-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Wrong word

Old 06-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by old kid View Post
They were pretty open to the bike, if anyone had a problem with it they didn't say anything, the group i was with was pretty decent,

Besides I've never really cared much about what others think,
"Your so inconsiderate ".

I agree
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~