Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2017, 10:02 PM   #1

sway bars/ shock adjusting/ etc. on 3150 dx-2

so just built my 2016 coolster 3150-dx2. pretty simple. hardest part is the racks actually. but i have a couple questions.
1. first off, its a Honda GY6 150cc clone. exact copy. with that being said, the manual says to use 10w30 SF rated. the atv itself says 15w40. i feel perfectly safe going in between with 10w40. because thats what honda recommends in their 150cc gy6 engines. comments welcome please.
2nd. sway bars came mounting with the bolts pointed upward mounted to the frame. ive heard many people say that they should be flipped around and point down. just like they go down on the outside near the wheels. please comment and let me know, still in break-in phase so wont really know the kind of effect its gonna have when riding.
3rd. these shocks are stiff man. i mean Lou Ferrigno himself couldnt even budge these things. only the rear is adjustable. its set in the highest notch. can someone explain how this is done for me. the fronts are not adjustable and sit very close brakes. almost to the point that im worried they might hit the bolt that holds the drum brake to the A frame. any input on this would be cool. if they dont loosen up i have no problem going aftermarket.

o and 4th. what is up with the auto choke? i cant get this thing to a steady idle. i move the screw 1/8 of a turn and it starts revving the RPMs like crazy. too low and i have to give it way too much throttle to get moving. already looking into a NIBBI carb with a manual choke. i have no problem lifting a lever and putting it down to know whether my choke is open or closed.

thanks guys. ill get pics up soon. let me get your thoughts and tips.