Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #1

110cc taotao atv rectifier issue help

Sorry I posted in wrong forum. Can anyone tell me where these wires go into connecter? They pulled out and atv died and wont start. This is what I found. Diagrams I found show different color wires then I have. I have a black instead of the green. Is this my issue for no start?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170103_171030.jpg (83.9 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg 20170103_171023.jpg (88.1 KB, 251 views)

Old 01-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx41761 View Post
Sorry I posted in wrong forum. Can anyone tell me where these wires go into connecter? They pulled out and atv died and wont start. This is what I found. Diagrams I found show different color wires then I have. I have a black instead of the green. Is this my issue for no start?
I don't have a definitive answer, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But these mfr's don't necessarily use the same colored wires for everything every time. If I was in your shoes and I had wiring diagrams showing all the wires correctly except for one I would wire it up like that and put my extra wire in the spot that didn't correspond with a wire. Otherwise, and probably the correct thing to do, is trace the wires and see if they go to the same places as the wiring diagram shows they go.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #3

Oh, and I don't think that in and of itself would cause a no start issue. I can run my Coolster 150's without a voltage rectifier, but it isn't a smart thing to do long-term.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #4

No start

If you turn the key on...apply the brakes...the brake light should come on...the brake switch is a safety switch...check the wires on the brake mircoswitchfor power...make sure the fuse is good as well ...you can jump the solenoid and apply power right tothestarter... It should start & run...let us know after youdothis

Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #5

I rewired and got it to start with the rectifier. Thanks for the help. This is a taotao ata110. Where is best place to buy parts? I use eBay alot but with no part numbers it's scary. Also how to I get notifications for replys?

Old 01-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #6

parts

you can buy parts all over the place... ebay and local dealers... just the price is a big diff.... most of the time if it looks like yours then it is... as said before... the colour of wires is not what you go by... you have to see where they go... follow the sympetics..