Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #1

Tao Tao 110d or Kodiak 110 HD (coolster)

I have spent several hours trying to decide between thsee two machines. shipped price from txpowersports is:
tao tao is 619

Kodiak is 682

on their website it is indicating the coolsyet is a little heavier duty?

I want to order one of these today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 12-30-2016, 01:47 PM   #2

I've heard good things abot the Coolster products. I have Tao Tao and it's been good also, minus the usual assembly challenges.

Are these them?

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...oducts_id/1018

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/828

I'd imagine that either would be good.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #3

That is them. The prices from txpowersports includes shipping so it appears to be a little cheaper. I have talked to tao to dealers that tell me coolsters are junk by comparison and coolster dealers that say tao tao are junk by comparison .

Old 12-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
That is them. The prices from txpowersports includes shipping so it appears to be a little cheaper. I have talked to tao to dealers that tell me coolsters are junk by comparison and coolster dealers that say tao tao are junk by comparison .
My dealer in Sac sells both. They're very similar, if not sharing many identical parts. My dealer's son who works there says "They're both good quads. I like the Coolster a little better. The welds and assembly just seems a bit more carefully done."

That's just his input...........

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #5

That is great information. Thank you.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #6

Coolster is better, no doubt about it. I sell both and talk to dealers all over the US, and there are many that refuse to buy Taotao because they have lots of issues, ranging from mechanical problems to parts availability. I've never met a dealer who wants Taotao instead of Coolster. Taotao is the cheapest, but that's for a reason.

We distribute five brands of these small 110s, when discussing another brand dealers typically want to know, "Is it Taotao or Coolster quality?" We all know which one is better.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:23 PM   #7

Hey smoke txpowersports.com is who I used for my Rhino. Call them before placing the order. At the time I was also looking at the ATA 250D .. which was listed but they no longer sell (discontinued model). They were pretty easy to deal with on the phone and helpful.

They were about as cheap as I could find that actually picked up the phone.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:43 AM   #8

Flip a coin

Old 12-31-2016, 05:23 PM   #9

thank you all for the info. I ended up putting in the order before Adams post. I ordered a tao tao 125d. so far txpowersports has been great to deal with.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #10

I just wanted to report back that my experience with txpowersports has been great. The atv shipped and arrived very quickly and in great shape. Manny answered all my questions promptly and has been great to work with. Assembly was pretty easy and I am looking forward to putting fuel in it tonight and getting it started. I also wanted to say thank you to everyone here for all of the help and information. You have a great site! Thank you!

Old 01-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #11

I'm a little worrisome as to why they take coolsters and sell them as Kodiak's at txpowersports. Is it just them buying coolsters and selling them under there own name. Or is it a coolster knockoff? Can anybody clarify?

Old 01-14-2017, 02:10 AM   #12

I see them labeled as Coolster Kodiaks in some places. A bunch of places sell them as Kodiaks.

Could just be they are located to close to another Coolster dealer.

Maybe its because Kodiak sounds a little more rugged than Coolster which sorta sounds like a kids toy.

Don't know why it is.... not losing any sleep over it.

All the ATV's coming out of China are cloned counterfeit parts of name brands. All these Chinese brands seem to have a lot of parts and looks in common... clone of a clone of a clone. Coolster .. Kodiak.. Coolster Kodiak .. all seem to have some nicer extras and upgrades over the TaoTao's

Happy with my Rhino though and don't regret buying it. Modified it to suit my purposes and demands.

If stuff like that worries you then a Chinese ATV might not be for you. I bought one because they are cheap and didn't want to buy someones used problem. (my alternative) You could always call them and ask what's up.

Yeah I'm a ChinaRider now and thank this forum for it.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #13

Thanks. I have a taotao 110 and had an older coolster 110. Definitely getting a new coolster 150, just have to decide where to order from and just want to make sure I actually recieve what I order. I've heard of 110cc engines ending up on quads being sold as 125cc. It's very easy for these dealers to get over on people. Or the distributor to get over on the dealer without them even knowing. So I just want to cover all the bases.