Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2021, 10:20 AM   #1

Beta 390 OMG!

So a friend of mine (new riding buddy) has a Beta 390 and a Triumph Tiger 900GT Pro. The other day we went riding with the dual sports, me on the Brozz 250, my son on his Tao DBX1 and friend on his Beta 390..
Well, when we got back to my place after riding a nearby dirt area, he offered to let me take a spin on the Beta to get my opinion.. I took the bike down my 1/2 mile street and back and then on a dirt trail around my property and OMG! this things is ridiculously powerful and fast.. pounding thru the gears down the street i could feel the front end lifting and the bars getting unstable.. It easily felt at least 3-4x more powerful than my Brozz and probably double the RX4 in acceleration.. now as an aside, he did mention its geared down a bit but holy smokes! The only things i didnt like about it were ergonics, as it was too high and much less comfortable than the Brozz..
Afterwards i had him take a spin on my Brozz and he later commented how comfortable it was and easy to control, and fast enough lol.
Its sad and disparaging that a 390cc single can feel and be so much more powerful than my 450cc RX4 and Brozz 250..Coming from riding 2 strokes back in the day and having an RM125, i would say that the Beta was probably equivalent to a 250cc 2-stroke in power.
I'm assuming all of the other major players have similar holy smokes power..
Oh well, i guess the biggest positive is that my bikes are 50% and 20% the cost respectively of the Beta.. Now i dont even want to get into the Triumph vs RX4 comparison, im sure that is silly fast as well comparatively..

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 07-02-2021, 10:50 AM   #2

Sauce With A Goose

I wouldn't be too down on either your BROZZ 250, or your RX4; that Beta 390 is only carrying 2.4 gallons of gas while weighing in at 237 lbs, without fuel. Slice 250 lbs off of your RX4 and it will give that 390cc Beta engine more than a run for its money, and probably be more durable to boot.

For your BROZZ, just add 150cc's to the engine and then get back to us; I suspect that the difference would be a lot less drastic under those circumstances, with the suspension being the more noticable difference between the two bikes.

I would like to see CSC/Zongshen cram a NC450 into a TT250 type bike, it would be an interesting demonstration, to say the least.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #3

True.. it is crazy light and makes my bikes feel like porkers.. i guess you can say the Brozz and RX4 are slow dancing while the Beta is doing the mambo while sucking down tequila shots

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X