Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #1

Some questons about MFC (motorized fun Co.) bikes.

Im wondering if this is still a company?
is there anywhere to find parts?
any way to find a shop manual?

im also trying to identify the engine ?

this was imprinted on the engine housing: [quoute]
DJ156FMI
*030920025 [/quote]

i believe it to be a mfc125db
http://www.vincesmotorcyclestore.com.../mfc125db.html

when i got it i had a problem with a sticking kickstart. We got it home and couldn't get the kick start to kick, my brother assumed it was a seized engine... but i started rocking it in first, and eventually got the kickstart unstuck..but it will only let me kick it once before becoming stuck agian.

im also trying to search the VIN's to find out if we can aquire a tittle or not..

thanks for any and all help

Old 10-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #2

Welcome!

Did you get the bike in Canada? I knew of a dealer in Langley, but they didn't last. I think the distributor was on Vancouver Island, but I haven't seen any for a few years.

Parts are plentiful on eBay; it's a typical pushrod Honda clone. Search for CG125 to get an idea what the original engine looked like.

Here's a tutorial on setting the valves: Honda CG125 Valve Clearance. There is a complete shop manual on here somewhere; try the search function.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #3

ahh! awesome.. that helps alot.
thank you!

EDIT:

i bought the bike off a friend, i live in MI, very near detroit.
the bike was registered in 05 (has an orv sticker) so i would assume its been in the states a while...

i noticed the bike was from canada (its on the vin plate)
but i couldn't find a whole lot of usefull information on the company..

luckily i stumbled onto this fourm.. it seams like alot of people really know what they are talking about on here.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytripper
.. it seams like alot of people really know what they are talking about on here.
I wouldn't go that far.

Please show us some pics of your new bike, and please take the time to start a thread in the Introduce Yourself section.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #5

i got it to kick today.. and i noticed something wierd.. when i put my hand on the intake side.. i was getting negative pressure.. so i pulled the top end off.. and this is what i found...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...oria/012-1.jpg

broken cam follower on the exhaust side :( (the intake side is the other one, it looks good)

im going to get a spring compressor on the valves and make sure they are all good..

if anyone could help me find a new cam follower.. that is even similar i would be so greatful :( i looked on google.. but im not real sure what engines have similar parts..

i haven't gotten any pictures of the bike.. cause its in peices.. but i can if need be.. i have all the serial numbers/stampings written down if that helps also...

i found a cg125 honda manual, and i was very surprised at how much was similar.. but agian, the cam follower is not the same :(

Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #6

I think I was mistaken. That rocker looks like an OHC model; does it have an overhead cam? If so, try searching for old XR125 stuff.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #7

you're initial guess was very close.. there were alot of things about the cg125 that were similar..

but the xl125 engine is on the money cam follower looks exactly the same, the motor in general looks the same..

you are the man!

oh yeah btw, as im sure you guessed, it was an OHC engine.. >_>

Old 10-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #8

Happy to help.

Maybe you can find some genuine Honda stuff that will outlast the stock parts. eBay is my guilty pleasure.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #9

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10181539014
JX = made by http://www.chinajuxing.com.cn/index_3.asp?lid=34 ie. Std Chongqing parts supplier :oops:
-
The higher quality "chinese" product
A brand found on big player's engine
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6803046111
"Genuine" stuff 14431-KEH-900
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5015664884