Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #1

"Retro 50" carburetor ID help

Hi there,

I've googled my everloving a** off trying to find information on this machine (a craigslist "it'll need a little work" find.)

The owners manual calls it a "Retro 50" distributed by Madami. The model is listed as a "CF50QT-8" (I believe this refers to CF Moto.)

The trouble I'm finding is related to the carburetor - it's a Walbro that isn't manufactured anymore. The model stamped on the carb flange is 2KO6JG2 (the O could also be a 0 (zero.))

Is anybody familiar with a drop-in replacement? I could potentially rebuild this one, but the float bowl o-ring broke and I'm not even sure it could be replaced.

One thing stumping me is what appears to be a passthrough on the front (intake manifold) side of the carb. It runs horizontally and had two braid-covered hoses connecting to it. But it doesn't appear that the passthrough allows access into the carb - it's just a connector of sorts.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Any help would be appreciated!

Brendan

Old 12-19-2020, 01:22 PM   #2

Post up some clear pictures of the carb so we can see what you're working with.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Post up some clear pictures of the carb so we can see what you're working with.
Does this work?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Rh45OzmTxxlqJ0

Old 12-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #4

Yes, I can see the pics, it is a diaphragm-type carb, is it on a scooter that looks like the one below?

Old 12-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Yes, I can see the pics, it is a diaphragm-type carb, is it on a scooter that looks like the one below?

More or less, yeah I’ve got all the plastics off, but could take a picture instead.

Old 12-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #6

Not sure if the one below will work for you or not...

https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/coll...ion-9-gy6-50cc

Old 12-19-2020, 07:38 PM   #7

What is the engine model? The Chinese generally seem to use the same engine model, although I am not familiar with all the sub-engines under certain model names. For instance, there is the GY6 engine, but there are a few variants of that. If you look at this site, it explains where to find the engine model. https://ncystore.com/blog/gy6-engine-code

There are probably a few replacement carbs to be found for your bike if you cannot locate the exact one.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
What is the engine model? The Chinese generally seem to use the same engine model, although I am not familiar with all the sub-engines under certain model names. For instance, there is the GY6 engine, but there are a few variants of that. If you look at this site, it explains where to find the engine model. https://ncystore.com/blog/gy6-engine-code

There are probably a few replacement carbs to be found for your bike if you cannot locate the exact one.
That was super helpful. To answer the question:

1P39MB

1P = one cylinder, "pair valve horizontal engine"
39 = piston size
MB = 50cc

I'm leaning toward attempting to repair the one I have in the scooter instead of replacing it. To that end, I bought a set main jets and idle jets. The float valve has some corrosion on the tip, but I'm not sure what the replacement would be. The float bowl gasket appears that it all fits in the groove and the broken ends line up nicely. Maybe a dab of gasket maker there would work.

I figure if I don't succeed there, I'll replace it.

EDIT: to fix a missing sentence piece

Old 12-20-2020, 11:33 PM   #9

I spaced it and forget to suggest this group https://49ccscoot.proboards.com/

They are very Chinese brand friendly, and while you are looking for 49cc engine information, they do discuss larger displacement scooters. There are probably people who either have your model scooter, or have a scooter that uses your same carb. Not to suggest to leave us, as you CAN be a member of both forums; the 49cc group will probably get you exact answers. If you do get your answer there, lease let us know how you solved the carb issues

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-21-2020, 05:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I spaced it and forget to suggest this group https://49ccscoot.proboards.com/

They are very Chinese brand friendly, and while you are looking for 49cc engine information, they do discuss larger displacement scooters. There are probably people who either have your model scooter, or have a scooter that uses your same carb. Not to suggest to leave us, as you CAN be a member of both forums; the 49cc group will probably get you exact answers. If you do get your answer there, lease let us know how you solved the carb issues
Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna go post up there.

I'd bought some jets (main and emulsifier) but they're the wrong size, so now I'm back to leaning toward getting a new one. I'll post back here with updates!

Old 12-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #11

My other post, for the curious/posterity (and also to avoid this.)

https://49ccscoot.proboards.com/thre...ification-help