Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2018, 11:13 AM   #166

Thank you guys for all the work and effort you have put in to make it possible for beginners to understand the working of the mt05 ecu.

I have a MT05 ecu in my 50cc scooter from Riya motorcycles.
What i noticed is that the ECU in my scooter is a Rongmao MT05 ECU instead of a Delphi MT05... The software for the Delphi works on the Rongmao MT05 as well. Maybe it's a clone or a rebrand.

My scooter has a ECU limited speed (25 km/h) and i am trying to bring it up to 34 km/h.

Unfortunately the manufacturer does not answer on my emails so i am trying to tweak it but as of now, i have no idea where to start...

I used the PCHUD software and managed to increase the IDLE rpm speed using slew outputs.

> Is there a way to find the ID of the max RPM speed so i can use it in a slew element to increase this max?
> Is there a way to store this slew element in the memory of the scooter as well (flashing/remapping)?

I will be glad to keep you up to date about this project

Old 10-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #167

Hi tere

Is there anyone know where to find the “Short term fuel trim” and “Long term Fuel trim” on this PCHUD program ???
Is there any place where I can find the following figers from PCHUD explained???

Engine Speed - Engine Speed
Battery Voltage- Actual battery Voltage
Coolant temp – Actual Coolant Temperature measured in thermostat housing
Intake Air TEMP- Intake air temperature measured by MAP sensor
Pump Duty Cycle – measured in percent
Spark Dwell time – length in time of spark
IPACV- ???
Exhaust temp - I gees measured by 02 sensor
Air Fuel Ratio – Air Fuel Ratio 14,71 / 1 in perfect world
Target A/F ratio - ECU is making this Target for Air Fuel Ratio
BLM LEARN VALUE 1- ???
CLC INT LEARN V 1- ???
Fuel Pulse Width 1 – how long time the injector is injecting fuel
DESIRED IGN TIMING- ???
CCE1 - ???
CLC CORR COEFF1 - ???
BLM CELL NUMBER- ???
DYNAMIC SA- ???
Fuel Pulse Width 1 – how long time the injector is injecting fuel
DESIRED MOTOR STEPS – location of the valve from 0 – 132
IDLE VOL LEARN VAL - ???
Desired idle rpm – ECU is trying to achieve this given value
Idle RPM error – difference between ; Desired idle rpm and actual idle rpm
23 ERROR counter- ???
Atmospheric pressure- actual Atmospheric pressure
Current fault code - Current fault code which has occurred
Historic fault code - Historic fault code stored in ECU
Measured MAP – pressure in kpa measured by MAP sensor in throttle body but not sure way is so low
EXPECTED MAP- EXPECTED pressure measured by MAP sensor
O2- Voltage – voltage which passing by O2 sensor depend on amounts of oxygen in exhaust gases
Throttle Position- actual Throttle Position
Throttle Value- not sure

Thank You
Attached Images
File Type: jpg super hot with power load.jpg (108.0 KB, 3299 views)

Old 10-24-2018, 06:01 PM   #168

Re configure your PCHUD to use

k_FLAP.hud dated 10/1/2016
K_FLAP.par dated 16/01/2002

These I believe were the last hud & par files I did.

Below is an image showing the layout of PCHUD in this configuration and a corresponding explanatory list.

the list is the best I could do at the time and I think it should answer some of your questions.

(the image & list can also be found on post # 107)

Name:  new hud image.jpg
Views: 3744
Size:  97.4 KB

Code:
status2
-------------

CL ENABLED - engine running using "Closed Loop" (using O2 sensor, typically when in idle, part throttle or cruising)

PRIME PULSE DISABLE - ECU injects a small amount of fuel when the ignition is turned. No more fuel is injected until the engine is cranking. Prime pulse should show disabled when engine is running.

FUEL PUMP ON -   self explanatory

ACC ENRICH ENABLED -  ACCELERATION ENRICHMENT ENABLED, (rich mixture) works much like the accelerator pump on a carb when you open the throttle quickly. Helps to eliminate hesitation

DECC ENLEAN ENABLED- DECCELERATION ENLEANMENT ENABLED, or fuel cut-off mode –  is enabled during periods of deceleration. In this mode, the ECU reduces injector pulse width or momentarily shuts the injector off in order to reduce high emissions and engine backfire. 

ACC ENRICH EXIT -    Has left ACCELERATION ENRICHMENT state

DEC ENLEAN EXIT-    Has left DECELERATION ENLEANMENT state

status3
----------

O2 SENSOR RICH -  O2 sensor detecting a rich mixture 

C L ADAPTION RESET - Closed loop adaption reset, ECU resets long & short term trim to zero,(why and when ?)

" Idle speed control system
Idle speed control system possesses such functions as closed-loop control,
self learning, altitude correction, out of step automatic adjustment and
intelligent resetting, depending upon operating state of the engine"

O2 SENSOR HEAT -  O2 sensor heating element enabled (helps to bring the O2 sensor sensor up to operating temperature  more quickly)

O2 SENSOR READY - O2 sensor has reached operating temperature  ( closed loop is only possible once this has happened)

IACV CORRECTION ON -Idle air control valve correction on - don't know what form of correction this refers to

IACV LOST STEP -Idle air control valve (stepper motor) there's no actual feedback from the IAC to the ECU to tell it  that the commands have been carried out, instances of low system voltage may prevent the IAC from actually having the ability to carry these out, resulting in step count loss.

IACV MOVE INHIBIT - Idle air control valve move inhibit - indicates then the IAV is locked in the "park" position

IGNITION ON - Self explanatory

status4
---------------
MAPCID ENABLED- ( MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE (sensor), CYLINDER INLET DETECTION)  - cylinder detection negates the need for a camshaft position sensor

When engine cylinder is working in intake stroke, the intake valve suddenly
opens, and the manifold pressure near the intake valve drops sharply
(by about 1kPa). The sharp drop of pressure is detected by the MAP sensor, 
the ECU  processes this signal by means of the software, to determine stroke. Enabling spark ignition and fuel injection to be on the correct stroke

MAPCID YES/NO - SUCCESFULL DETECTION 

IDLE ENABLED - Is in a state of idle

POWER ENRICHMENT ENABLED - Applied when putting a continuous load on the engine

PE AFR PROTECTION EN - Power enrichment air fuel ratio protection enabled - it makes sure fuel/air ratio never becomes to lean when the engine is under load and cause damage

NEUTRAL SWITCH ON - Self explanatory

MIL LIGHT ON -  malfunction indicating light - Indicates a fault

status 5
----------

INL PRESS CORR ON - Inlet pressure correction on, The ECU is enabled so it can make corrections between actual atmospheric pressure and the base line of sea level (101kpa) atmospheric pressure ** i think **

BARO UPDATES ENABLE - Atmospheric pressure updates enabled

SEQ SPARK ENABLED - Sequential spark enabled, opposite of wasted spark - uses the MAPCID to know the correct cycle to  create spark.

The only advantage to sequential ignition is at idle and low speed. It will provide 
                      cleaner emissions and smoother idle. Over about 2500-300 RPM there is no advantage

ENGINE IN RUN- Engine running

STABLE WARM IDLE - The ECU is satisfied that all factors have been met its requirements for a stable effecient idle. One factor is the coolant temp needs to reach 60 - 70 deg C.

COLUMN 1
---------

COOLANT TEMP - self explanatory

ENGINE SPEED - self explanatory

THROTTLE POSITION - (0 - 100 %)  reported by the throttle position sensor (TPS)

IDLE RPM TARGET - pre programed desired idle speed

BATTERY VOLTAGE - reported system voltage

O2 VOLTAGE -  O2 sensor (lambda),  high= rich, low= lean ( initial high= sensor is heating)

FUEL PUMP DUTY CYCLE- seems to report that the fuel pump is operational

COLUMN 2
--------

FUEL PULSE WIDTH - length of time that fuel is been injected in milliseconds, (short= less, long= more)

IACV TARGET STEP - idle air control valve (stepper motor), variably adjusted by the ECU to suit a particular instance based on pre programmed info and live feed back from the sensors. (high= more air, low = less air)

TPS AN TO DIG- throttle position sensor analog to digital (a conversion of voltage to digital info for the ECU)

-----
MAP/T - MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE AND AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR :-

this sensor undertakes a number of tasks to aid the ECU in determining the best fuel air ratio at any given time.

1/  Atmospheric pressure is taken to determine the altitude ( the higher the altitude the less oxygen content in the air).

2/ Air temprature is taken,  a measured amount of cold air is more dense so contains more oxygen than warm air. ( also for cold start)

3/ inlet air pressure is taken so air flow can be calculated per charge

-----

(AIR INL TEMP) - air inlet temperature

(BARO READING) - atmosheric pressure (Average sea-level pressure is 101.325 kPa)

(MEASURED PRESS) - intake manifold pressure (partial vacuum e.g idle 40kpa, full load close to 100kpa)

(READ ANGLE) - "The ECU is designed to read the MAP sensor only once per engine cycle.
                Therefore, to get a measurement representative of load, it must be measured at the
                minimum value associated with the propagating vacuum pulse to get reliable load
                resolution. This means that the MAP sensor must be read at a very specific time in the
                engine cycle, which is defined by the corresponding crank angle (MAP Read Angle)"

(CID PASS) - cylinder inlet stroke detected

(CID FAIL) - cylinder inlet stroke NOT detected ( this should remain at zero)

COLUMN3
------------

AFR TARGET - pre programed air fuel  ratio for the condition (desired AFR)

AFR COMMAND - Input from the fuel trims, O2 sensor etc, the ECU  trys to and match the AFR TARGET, so i think this is  actual AFR

* the AFR TARGET & AFR COMMAND should match quite closely*

SPARK ADV TARGET- pre programed spark advance for the condition (desired spark advance), should be in degs BTDC

SPARK ADV COMMAND- the ECU trys to match the SPARK ADVANCE TARGET, so i think this is actual ADV, should be in degs BTDC

SPARK ADV IDLEDYNAMC- spark advance idle dynamic, by advancing and retarding helps to give a smooth idle.I guess the output is in degs BTDC but how this works in relation to SPARK ADV COMMAND  i dont know 

SPARK DWELL TIME - In milli seconds, too short= weak spark, too long= melted coil .ECU controls this based on system voltage (always use the correct coil)

CPK SENSOR ERROR - crank shaft position error, this should remain at zero

VOLUME EFFICIENCY - "Volumetric efficiency (VE) is used to describe the amount of fuel/air in the cylinder in relation to regular atmospheric air. If the cylinder is filled with fuel/air at atmospheric pressure, then the engine is said to have 100% volumetric efficiency. Normally aspirated engines typically run anywhere between 80% and 100% VE" calculated info contained in "tables" in the ECU

MALF CODE CURRENT - current fault code

MALF CODE HISTORIC - old stored fault code

SECTION 4

----------------------
----
For this section my explanations are not good . terms like "multipliers", "Factors", "adaptions", "trims", "intergrals" etc. have been hard for me to pin down. Also Delphi or PCHUD doesn't display regular percentage values.

"tuning of the fuel and making adjustments in
closed –loop on the fly is known as : Short Term Fuel Trims.

Major fuel trim adjustments stored in the ECM
memory are known as: Long Term Fuel Trims"

-------

LTFT CELL No - long term fuel trim cell number, (Block Learn) portion of the stored table being used

LTFT CORR FACT - long term fuel trim correction factor,(Block Learn Multiplier (BLM)) IDEAL Number IS 1  EG 1.2 = MORE FUEL, 0.8 = LESS FUEL

CL STFT COUNT - closed loop short term fuel trim count, anything outside of + or - 5 to 10 is bad

CL FUEL CORR FACT - closed loop fuel correction factor (%) in other diag software a reading of outside + or - 5 to 10 is bad, do not know why the percentage reading in PCHUD is so low i think it has the decemal point in the wrong place.

** I think the important thing here is spotting trends, this is made easier if you have made a " recording" in PCHUD when your engine has been fault free **

INL PRESS CORR CELL - inlet pressure correction cell, similar to "LTFT CELL" No but for air pressure ?

INL PRESS CORR FACT - inlet pressure correction factor, similar to "LTFT CORR FACT" but for air pressure ?

INL PRESS COMP - inlet pressure compensation, not sure how this relates ?

IDLE AIR VOL LEARN- idle air volume learning, not sure how this relates ?

IACV COMP TPS- idle air control valve compensation for the throttle position sensor, i think this % is an added amount dependent on temperature. ?

EXPECTED INL PRESS- expected inlet pressure, taking in to acount of input from the sensors the ECU expects the inlet pressure to be this

Old 10-25-2018, 11:46 AM   #169

Thanks katflap

Thank You for You help
You always representing the World class No 1 in servicing Zongshen RX-3
We definitely will mist You from this Community :-)
Good luck with you new bike :-)

Sorry I haven’t seen you post No 107

Old 01-01-2019, 03:35 AM   #170

benelli RFS 150i remap

Hi all,
Im currently on a project to remap my bike ECU,
tried to download PCHUD but failed to run the program on my laptop.
Ecu harness also hard to find
Anyone can help?

Old 01-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by topangler81 View Post
Hi all,
Im currently on a project to remap my bike ECU,
tried to download PCHUD but failed to run the program on my laptop.
Ecu harness also hard to find
Anyone can help?
PCHUD won’t remap ecu
I can supply the cable as well - unsure if it’s cool or not to share Katflaps files? I do have those but it’s not my work

Old 07-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #172

upload files again please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
Due to popular request via pm here is a one time only bundled download of nearly everything that I uploaded to this thread.

I do not know how long this link will last so please mirror the bundle for the benefit of others as I rarely visit here since the selling my RX3.

regards katflap

password : chinariders

https://mega.nz/#!tp1zVIaQ!hJa08BlCy...Xb2y1BfNo86p3c
Hello, I have read all your work in one day, it is excellent information, thank you for your work.

Could I upload the files again, the link does not work or, otherwise, my email is dani.mazabuel@gmail.com?

Thanks again.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:04 AM   #173

AJP PR7 idle issue

Hi,

I have an AJP PR7 motorbike that has the exact identical MT05 ECU and uses PCHUD for diagnostics.

As I live in an area without a dealer less than 5h drive away I am trying to troubleshoot an issue myself.

Could someone shed some light why my bike idles inconsistently and also dies at idle speed ocasionally?

Here's a video (I am having difficulties running the PCHUD program, it keeps disconnecting, I can only have it connected for a few seconds and then all values disappear and COM port times out. I have to switch to a different USB port and another COM port then it starts working again for a few seconds.
Could it be a poor electrical connection somewhere? Bad cable?)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2BZ3CuCVduGWG8Yz5

Things I have done already:
1. replaced the O2 sensor with brand new
2. cleaned the throttle body along with the IACV motor
3. tested fuel pump pressure
4. tested and cleaned injector
5. replaced fuel and air filters

The bike only has 4000km and is not even a year old.

An additional symptom is that the bike does not run nicely when riding at constant speed, let's say 4th gear, 3500 rpm, it feels as if it looses powercycles occasionally. When full throttle, bike goes fine and really strong.

Old 09-28-2019, 09:27 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzvica View Post
Hi,

I have an AJP PR7 motorbike that has the exact identical MT05 ECU and uses PCHUD for diagnostics.

As I live in an area without a dealer less than 5h drive away I am trying to troubleshoot an issue myself.

Could someone shed some light why my bike idles inconsistently and also dies at idle speed ocasionally?

Here's a video (I am having difficulties running the PCHUD program, it keeps disconnecting, I can only have it connected for a few seconds and then all values disappear and COM port times out. I have to switch to a different USB port and another COM port then it starts working again for a few seconds.
Could it be a poor electrical connection somewhere? Bad cable?)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2BZ3CuCVduGWG8Yz5

Things I have done already:
1. replaced the O2 sensor with brand new
2. cleaned the throttle body along with the IACV motor
3. tested fuel pump pressure
4. tested and cleaned injector
5. replaced fuel and air filters

The bike only has 4000km and is not even a year old.

An additional symptom is that the bike does not run nicely when riding at constant speed, let's say 4th gear, 3500 rpm, it feels as if it looses powercycles occasionally. When full throttle, bike goes fine and really strong.
What data is the map sensor showing? What’s exhaust temp reading? This has been a common fault in a few bikes before in my experience

Old 09-28-2019, 03:30 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
What data is the map sensor showing? What’s exhaust temp reading? This has been a common fault in a few bikes before in my experience
You can see the map sensor measurements from the video or see the attachment here.

Exhaust temp is not measured. The bike only has the O2 sensor in the exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-09-28 21_28_33-Clipboard.jpg (9.3 KB, 3079 views)

Old 09-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #176

Yep data looks fine but so did my bikes and map solved the issue
Same poor running cond below 6000rpm as you

Old 09-29-2019, 12:18 PM   #177

@ spuzvica,

Just passing through & read your post.

I noticed in your video you have the 'IACV lost step' illuminated, this should not be.

see post #168 for some reference.
Try resetting the ECU to clear this

One idea I've read is that this can happen if your battery is not so good & is low on voltage (below 10v) during cranking or perhaps a slightly intermittent power supply or 'earth' to your ECU or stepper motor.

intermittent ECU power/earth could also explain your bad connection to PCHUD via the diagnostic port.

Regards

Old 09-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
@ spuzvica,

Just passing through & read your post.

I noticed in your video you have the 'IACV lost step' illuminated, this should not be.

see post #168 for some reference.
Try resetting the ECU to clear this

One idea I've read is that this can happen if your battery is not so good & is low on voltage (below 10v) during cranking or perhaps a slightly intermittent power supply or 'earth' to your ECU or stepper motor.

intermittent ECU power/earth could also explain your bad connection to PCHUD via the diagnostic port.

Regards
Thanks @katflap!

I will investigate the grounds on my bike and let you know! Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-09-2020, 07:32 AM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricevs View Post
Thank you guys for all the work and effort you have put in to make it possible for beginners to understand the working of the mt05 ecu.

I have a MT05 ecu in my 50cc scooter from Riya motorcycles.
What i noticed is that the ECU in my scooter is a Rongmao MT05 ECU instead of a Delphi MT05... The software for the Delphi works on the Rongmao MT05 as well. Maybe it's a clone or a rebrand.

My scooter has a ECU limited speed (25 km/h) and i am trying to bring it up to 34 km/h.

Unfortunately the manufacturer does not answer on my emails so i am trying to tweak it but as of now, i have no idea where to start...

I used the PCHUD software and managed to increase the IDLE rpm speed using slew outputs.

> Is there a way to find the ID of the max RPM speed so i can use it in a slew element to increase this max?
> Is there a way to store this slew element in the memory of the scooter as well (flashing/remapping)?

I will be glad to keep you up to date about this project

Have you found a solution yet to adjust the ecu from rongmao? I have the same problem.

Old 02-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #180

Hi guys. Am using Scomadi TT125i with Delphi MT05 ecu. The problem now is my engine temp is quite high, the idling is not stable (sometimes below 2000rpm n sometimes it could goes up to 2600rpm), frequently dies during idling and sometimes while riding the bike. I was thinking of remapping since it got so much problem.