Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #1

$24 exhaust = 104 db

I received my woolrich exhaust (paid $24) two days ago and installed today. I cutted the header pipe and solder a 3 inch long pipe to connect the exhaust. The Vento started at 2 kick and sounds pretty good (loud). I used the db meter app, 104 to 107 db iddle. I took a ride to feel how the Vento runs with the new exhaust and can tell runs much better than with the stock muffler. Sorry FMF, I found a pretty cheap version with awesome results. I tried to upload the pics on my photobucket but i couldn't not sure why (the format is JPEG less than 750 KB). I will try to upload a video on youtube once I sign up.

Cheers

Old 08-30-2014, 04:17 AM   #2

What type of phone did you install the app on? How do you like the sound? 107db is quite loud.

Looking forward to videos and pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-30-2014, 05:08 AM   #3

104/107 is in the piss people off zone..
77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 08-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #4

Kinda what I was thinking. Perhaps the app is not accurate.

A dirt bike event we used to participate in called a Poker Run had a 94db limit. If you exceeded that, you couldn't participate. The really loud bikes were models like YZ450, so I struggle to imagine a 200cc China four stroke single capable of more than that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #5

Good for you, Hector. We look forward to viewing your photographs and video.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Kinda what I was thinking. Perhaps the app is not accurate.

A dirt bike event we used to participate in called a Poker Run had a 94db limit. If you exceeded that, you couldn't participate. The really loud bikes were models like YZ450, so I struggle to imagine a 200cc China four stroke single capable of more than that.
You're right weld, the first app installed was not accurate I installed another one "the db pro" on LG and recorded 84db idle Anyway, I like this exhaust 'cause my Vento rides better than the stock one. Here are the some pics and a low quality video, by the way, the first seconds on the video the solenoid sounds awful. I will clean it someday.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:52 AM   #7

Your new muffler sounds, and looks great.

How well is the LED flasher working?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #8

That sounds really good. The angle of the outlet pipe looks ideal for the bike.

Did you do the welding?

Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #9

nice looking muffler. do you have a link? looking for sth similar to suit my dr400 w/out spending lots of money. would cut and weld, but the standard exhaust is very wide, i d like to go slimmer.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingshoen View Post
nice looking muffler. do you have a link? looking for sth similar to suit my dr400 w/out spending lots of money. would cut and weld, but the standard exhaust is very wide, i d like to go slimmer.
Not sure if the vendor ships to Australia, if so probably you would pay the half of an FMF exhaust.

Here is the link: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/...-mod-mc102-_JM

Old 09-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That sounds really good. The angle of the outlet pipe looks ideal for the bike.

Did you do the welding?
Nope I didn't, I went to the shop. I commuted to my work today at 90 km/h about 30 min and the sound started to annoy me a bit after 10 min. I would rather ride it in the city than on the highway.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Your new muffler sounds, and looks great.

How well is the LED flasher working?
The led flasher is working good. I installed, 4 months ago, two blue chrome stainless steal led lights in the plate frame and one intermittent led light under the saddle (red wire). The led lights blink all the way until stop with the rear brake.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hect75 View Post
Nope I didn't, I went to the shop. I commuted to my work today at 90 km/h about 30 min and the sound started to annoy me a bit after 10 min. I would rather ride it in the city than on the highway.
I don't mean this answer to sound silly; I really mean it. Wear earplugs each time you ride; it will protect your hearing.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #14

Hect--where in Mexico are you? I just found out that member Lucien is in Tijuana, and I was mentioning that I am thinking of riding to Ensenada to watch at the starting line of the Baja 1000 this November. Also (or instead if November does not work out) next March to San Felipe for the Baja 250. Or just a ride to Tijuana for a long day or the weekend. I live in Yuma, AZ next door to San Luis Rio Colorado and Aldogones if you come this way (Mexicali is about an hour west of me). I think you might have mentioned where you are before, but if you are towards 'del norte' would love to meet up with fellow chinariders in Mexico.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Hect--where in Mexico are you? I just found out that member Lucien is in Tijuana, and I was mentioning that I am thinking of riding to Ensenada to watch at the starting line of the Baja 1000 this November. Also (or instead if November does not work out) next March to San Felipe for the Baja 250. Or just a ride to Tijuana for a long day or the weekend. I live in Yuma, AZ next door to San Luis Rio Colorado and Aldogones if you come this way (Mexicali is about an hour west of me). I think you might have mentioned where you are before, but if you are towards 'del norte' would love to meet up with fellow chinariders in Mexico.
Culcune, I live in Chihuahua city (4 hours from El Paso Tx, wat too far from Tijuana). I would like to meet up with fellow chinariders in Mexico but here in Chihuahua (I would said the whole Mexico) there are only Italikas. Hopefully someday we could meet up, my dream is to ride the seashores of old Mexico. But know I devote my time to my family and job.

Cheers