Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #16

Found this on my stock Kawasaki KLR650 muff, I really wonder why everyone else hasn't seen something similar to this before It has everything from Noise/DB limits, Spark Arrestor/USFS Info, and What Bike(s) the muffler should be installed on ... all of it is cut/engraved into the muffler too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4804.jpg (54.7 KB, 207 views)

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Everyone from the manufacturer s, the people who write these endless laws rules and regulations, and the enforcement personal can't keep up with the latest edicts and procedures.

Middle fingers up,... Salute!
Bravo, I completely agree. A little civil disobedience in your life will help you re-discover what actually made America great in the first place. Just imagine yourself under the tyranny of England for failing to properly label an item or pay an onerous tax they decided to impose.

Live a little and take a walk on the wild side. I promise you that when you are on your deathbed and about to die you will not regret having owned an 'outlaw' bike that failed to have a properly displayed compliance statement on it.

Embrace the opportunity to make memories that you can tell your children and grandchildren. Tell them about the time "The Man" tried to check your vehicle for compliance but instead you and your buddy hopped on your TT250s and left them in the dust as you retreated to your safe haven and laughed about the episode for hours.

Stop trying to conform to the ever burgeoning series of (generally useless) laws designed to command obedience from the flocks of sheep that we have collectively become as Americans. Dare to be different and never regret your decisions.

Stay thirsty my friends and Carpe Diem.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparrob View Post
"I don't always ride a China Bike, but when I do... I ride it illegally"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #19

now that's funny

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-02-2016, 11:50 AM   #20

I don't think this addresses the OHV spark arrest bit. There is an EPA sticker on the bike. Its on the left side on the frame just forward of the tank. Kinda hard to see up in there but its there.

Rojo

Old 06-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Found this on my stock Kawasaki KLR650 muff, I really wonder why everyone else hasn't seen something similar to this before It has everything from Noise/DB limits, Spark Arrestor/USFS Info, and What Bike(s) the muffler should be installed on ... all of it is cut/engraved into the muffler too
I guess people just don't notice stuff.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #22

does that only apply to forest service approved spark arrestors or all mufflers?

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
does that only apply to forest service approved spark arrestors or all mufflers?
Every bike, quad, UTV I've ever looked at with stock mufflers were stamped like in Abzhule's photo, all that information is exactly in line with the laws I've read. Some aftermarket mufflers are stamped if they've been approved by whatever government agency.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #24

Oops

Quote:
Bravo, I completely agree. A little civil disobedience in your life will help you re-discover what actually made America great in the first place. Just imagine yourself under the tyranny of England for failing to properly label an item or pay an onerous tax they decided to impose.

Live a little and take a walk on the wild side. I promise you that when you are on your deathbed and about to die you will not regret having owned an 'outlaw' bike that failed to have a properly displayed compliance statement on it.

Embrace the opportunity to make memories that you can tell your children and grandchildren. Tell them about the time "The Man" tried to check your vehicle for compliance but instead you and your buddy hopped on your TT250s and left them in the dust as you retreated to your safe haven and laughed about the episode for hours.

Stop trying to conform to the ever burgeoning series of (generally useless) laws designed to command obedience from the flocks of sheep that we have collectively become as Americans. Dare to be different and never regret your decisions.

as a former law enforcement type officer in several guises, let me counsel, especially in this day and age, running from an armed leo can be a really baaaad idea, i don't care how ' Fast' or skilled you are, or *think* you are. ESPECIALLY, WHEN YOUR FACE IS MOST LIKELY TO BE CONCEALED IN A FULL FACE HELMET!!! Just a 'what if'- suppose you are bombing around in a wooded or other secluded area where drug activity is suspected (you'd be surprised how much gets transported thru the woods by armed smugglers/mules). now just suppose the leo you encounter has been aware of this. remember, the first thing leos look to in making that critical first assessment of whether you are a physical threat, is to assess your facial expression and eyes- fully concealed by your helmet, number 2, your actions- flight?-if you decide to come at them in an effort to bypass them in your escape, well, u decide for yourself. worth the risk? not to me. YMMV
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-03-2016, 01:23 AM   #25

Quote:

I don't conform to every law, far from it. To me any law I break that leaves no victim does not make me a criminal, even if it does in the eyes of the law. Example: If I carry a firearm in my pocket without also possessing a CCW it's illegal but brings no harm to anyone therefore I don't think it's a law that needs to be followed. Using it to shoot an innocent victim is a completely different story and if I did that I should be hanged.

When the manufacturer of a product sells me a product I expect that product to meet the expectations that were presented. In this case the expectation being questioned is whether or not that product is legal to use. My bad for not thinking to check that it in fact was compliant, but I never dreamed it would pass all the inspections by the Feds and state officials without actually being compliant. Since there's still some amount of doubt, I'll say that it's only possibly not compliant. I can't imagine that thousands of Chinese bikes have been illegally sold for use here and that I'm the first to notice, but stranger things have happened.

Imagine that you bought a new set of tires for your car and didn't think to check them for the required labeling, as almost nobody does. Then you have a blowout that results in an accident injuring people and it's found that you were driving on illegal tires so you get sued and have no way out of it because you broke the law by using those tires on the road. How many people check compliance labeling and production date codes on tires? I only know of one and it's the guy who started this thread.

If a bike dealer says "hey this bike is technically illegal to ride because of some dumb law but you'll probably be ok" that's a completely different story and I would be choosing whether to take on that risk.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
as a former law enforcement type officer in several guises, let me counsel, especially in this day and age, running from an armed leo can be a really baaaad idea, i don't care how ' Fast' or skilled you are, or *think* you are. ESPECIALLY, WHEN YOUR FACE IS MOST LIKELY TO BE CONCEALED IN A FULL FACE HELMET!!! Just a 'what if'- suppose you are bombing around in a wooded or other secluded area where drug activity is suspected (you'd be surprised how much gets transported thru the woods by armed smugglers/mules). now just suppose the leo you encounter has been aware of this. remember, the first thing leos look to in making that critical first assessment of whether you are a physical threat, is to assess your facial expression and eyes- fully concealed by your helmet, number 2, your actions- flight?-if you decide to come at them in an effort to bypass them in your escape, well, u decide for yourself. worth the risk? not to me. YMMV
Many have perished for doing something that dumb. Some people just don't seem to understand the difference between 'bending over and being a sheep' vs. not being a piece of crap criminal.

I'll admit that I ran from the cops a few times many years ago, never in a situation that I felt endangered anyone, but it was still a selfish thing to do. I've also stood my ground and protested at checkpoints which I'll still do to this day, altho they're becoming fewer and further between. Sadly I'm just tired and have no real point here so I'll check out.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:11 AM   #27

tt250, and you other 'rebels', don't misunderstand me I did crap when I was young that makes "Animal House" a yawner in comparison. Hell I once went out to the local public golf course in the middle of the night doing doughnuts on the greens with my then new Kawasaki 120 knobby tired trailbike I can't remember if i 'played' all 18 holes, but i got a slew of em
One saturday night in the local park, I came an inch from being shot at the main parked car "makeout point" looking out over the city. with the bike turned off, I snuck quietly up to one of the cars with the most steamed up windows, positioned the then off headlight directly into the backseat, then kicked the bike over, high beam on, and held down the horn
imagine my suprise, it was truly a *kodak* moment when a mexican looking dude came screaming out of that car with his pants down to his ankles and his small cal pistol blazing away as i killed the bike lights (you could do that then)and motor crossed away down the nearby horse trail into the darkness setting a new 120 speed record lol.

still, those didn't approach messing w an armed leo...(they are all armed, all the time:(
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #28

Crying

This thread has lost it's way
I would think after all the EPA and carb certification process the TT250 has been through it will be ok I would Chalk this thread up to wgaf

Old 06-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
This thread has lost it's way
I would think after all the EPA and carb certification process the TT250 has been through it will be ok I would Chalk this thread up to wgaf
I don't know what wgaf means.

Regardless if it has passed the tests, the laws clearly state it must bear the compliance labels.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #30

Any one what to take a guess on what wgaf means I will give you one hint and two guesses
w= who
g=gives
a=a
and last but not least
f=