Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #61

Okay, the first ride video is posted. I know Caesar posted his video under 'Video/Photo' but no one seems to watch up there lol

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #62

No mirrors and a kid on the back... my wife would kill me!

Nice vid.. be safe

Old 08-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #63

I adjusted the valves(easy to get to without removing the tank), and it made a huge difference. Bikes runs much smoother and idles great. I also changed out the 15T front sprocket for a 17T. I like the 17 much better. I also rode the bike at night for the the first time, and I must say the headlight is pretty nice!

Old 08-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
I adjusted the valves(easy to get to without removing the tank), and it made a huge difference. Bikes runs much smoother and idles great. I also changed out the 15T front sprocket for a 17T. I like the 17 much better. I also rode the bike at night for the the first time, and I must say the headlight is pretty nice!

Good to heare what did you adjust yours to. and what's the part number on the sprocket you got. I'll probably order order one tonight.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 08-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #65

ss27, the part# is JTF1264. Check amazon.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #66

Quote:
Proper valve adjustment will resolve many issues. Glad that fixed it up.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
This is good news maybe the computer just needed some time to adjust

ive heard they autotune, so that sounds about right.

Old 10-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwildman View Post
ive heard they autotune, so that sounds about right.
That and we all know how tight these dang CG motors are out of the box. I'm sure it will change its personality in the next several hundred miles.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #69

Doh! Screw on throttle body...

Quote:
Thanks Bro! There is one obvious screw on the throttle body that i fiddled with but ended up putting back to factory setting as it did not change anything. Haven't looked any deeper yet. I was giving it a few miles to see what happens, but it is no better at 85 miles.
Yea that is the correct screw to adjust idle but I finally figured out that in order for the screw adjustment to take effect you have to blip the throttle then let it rev back down and it will stay at the adjusted RPM.

Go 1/4 turn at a time then blip and see where it goes, I wanna say it was clockwise for increase and counter clockwise for decrease...

You can turn the screw all day and nothing will happen until you blip the throttle.. had me pulling my hair out until I realized this

Old 04-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #70

Received my X-Pect 4/17/20

Received my Green X-Pect Friday.

Other than it not having the matching Green on the rims (like TXPowersports and American Lifan show in the pics, and I was liking and now bummed). It was intact and no damage.

Rode it yesterday and it didn't sound quite right (kinda buzzy, hard to describe). So I put about 5 miles on it then changed the oil. The rear brake was pretty useless so I adjusted it in about 4 turns and is better, but might adjust in a few more.

Still didn't sound quite right after the oil change, so this morning I checked the valves. Sure enough, the intake valve was closed (couldn't get any of the gauges in it) and the exhaust valve was about .001 if that.

Readjusted to .003 intake, .005 exhaust (per manual). Fired it up and it sounds much better now (I'll ride later today when it warms up).

My Hawk is loud with noisy valves so I couldn't compare to it. But our Benelli TNT135 sounds good, and now the X-Pect sounds like it.

First Impressions: Not as comfy (seat wise) as the Hawk but does sit a tad lower. Way more comfy than the Benelli. Can't speak to speed yet since it's not broke in, but the Hawk is pretty fast (considering what it is) and has quite a few mods on it. Feels heavier than the Hawk steering wise, and their about the same weight but the Hawk has taller tires.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:29 AM   #71

New member!

What's up world, new member here.
I have browsed the community and you guys / girls seem awesome! I have just recently purchased the 2020 x-pect EFI 200cc lifan and am awaiting its arrival on the 27th! If anyone has any tips or advice, I'm all ears! I cant wait to join the community!

Old 04-24-2020, 03:37 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by oincman View Post
Received my Green X-Pect Friday.

Other than it not having the matching Green on the rims (like TXPowersports and American Lifan show in the pics, and I was liking and now bummed). It was intact and no damage.

Rode it yesterday and it didn't sound quite right (kinda buzzy, hard to describe). So I put about 5 miles on it then changed the oil. The rear brake was pretty useless so I adjusted it in about 4 turns and is better, but might adjust in a few more.

Still didn't sound quite right after the oil change, so this morning I checked the valves. Sure enough, the intake valve was closed (couldn't get any of the gauges in it) and the exhaust valve was about .001 if that.

Readjusted to .003 intake, .005 exhaust (per manual). Fired it up and it sounds much better now (I'll ride later today when it warms up).

My Hawk is loud with noisy valves so I couldn't compare to it. But our Benelli TNT135 sounds good, and now the X-Pect sounds like it.

First Impressions: Not as comfy (seat wise) as the Hawk but does sit a tad lower. Way more comfy than the Benelli. Can't speak to speed yet since it's not broke in, but the Hawk is pretty fast (considering what it is) and has quite a few mods on it. Feels heavier than the Hawk steering wise, and their about the same weight but the Hawk has taller tires.
Glad to see that the valves fixed the buzzing. I think i read somewhere on here that the manufacturer recommended to do .006 on intake and exhaust. Can you confirm this? Also, did your bike have the screw adjustments? ( im new here and to these bikes)

Old 04-24-2020, 08:26 AM   #73

Different settings; find Overland Adventures' thread and he has an email directly from American Lifan with the valve settings. Sorry, I am on my phone so cannot link his thread, but it was about some stalling issues he had with his X-Pect which was fixed once he had the specs directly from American Lifan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-24-2020, 08:29 AM   #74

Okay, found it and might have figured out how to copy and paste from my phone. Long thread, but it is sorted out on his last page (3 troubleshooting tips from A. Lifan who sent him the valve setting).
http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25923

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-27-2020, 02:46 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Okay, found it and might have figured out how to copy and paste from my phone. Long thread, but it is sorted out on his last page (3 troubleshooting tips from A. Lifan who sent him the valve setting).
http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25923
I have no idea how to "chinariders" yet lol so i don't know if those replies were for me or not. If they were, thank you! If they weren't, thank you anyway!