Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2020, 04:19 PM   #5

update on Storm. Shipping wreck.

Have been tied up with work. Bike arrived March 23rd. Arrived at Fed-Ex terminal and was meet by Bruce. The place was empty, he said "you've come for the bike, let me get an eyeball on it, brb". Already made me suspicious, the place was empty. He had me pull around to the back. Well, soon as I opened truck door, you could see the asteroid had impacted it. Heart sank and i started speaking in tongues, but not the good way. Chilled out. Then he started to remove the cardboard, which had sticker- RED 150gy-18. And well, yep, speaking in tongues again. We did a rope de dope around this bike that's to be black 250cc. So this Bruce was like "looks like a 250cc motor, take it home build it, take pics, and I'll start the process for damage claims or return it.
Due to worldly events I figured who knows when I get a bike. So took it home. Needless to say, phone died shortly after. So no video of putting it together. Took about 2 hours. Pics of damaged crate. It did not take long for the red to grow on me. Advertising pics does not do this bike justice. Alot nicer looking than i thought. As soon as I figure out to put pics up I will post some. Been riding it everyday to work and some other stuff. Nothing lose yet or lost and running as Goldie locks herself picked it out. Has 17 tooth front and 46 rear. In time after break in, maybe change them but for now, knock on wood, she's a keeper.