Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #1

again, places i shouldn't be

what a day i had to day. it started off good with a ride down the tracks through my favorite water crossing.

then i tried to find a way to the other side of the power lines i was at last week but all the access points were blocked off. so i decided to go to the same trails i was at last weekend but actually go to the other side of the lake.

well i made it and at first it wasn't all i thought it'd be.

i had to go across this get over there. yes i was on the bike the whole way. it was very steep.

once over there it was what looked like old rock pits that had been filled in. very huge mud/flag ponds that were dried up but still a little muddy. definatly not like any other mud around here. i'm thinking they are rock pits that have been filled in.

here you can see the marsh looking areas but it's pretty dry on the top. under the surface in another story wich leads me to believe it's water coming up from under.

another spot about 10min later.

another spot

one of the smaller/less over grown dried up pits. can you tell how if you go deeper it get's worse?

well after all the riding back there i decided it was time to go to the next spot. well instead of leaving and going out the rock pit i decided to leave the way i came in. this was a huge mistake and definatly a very stupid one. i don't know what i was thinking.....thinking i could get back up that hill after i was in there.

this is what it looked like 3 hours later. i was extremely stuck, extremely sore and fuckin tired as hell. it was horrible. there was no getting it out of there by myself. i was tugging and pulling, digging you name it i tried it. i had to call for help. after about 5 min of a friends help i finally got it out (thanks Rob).

after getting it out i had to go out the rock pit. i ended up getting lost and found a shit ton of roads and trails. i'll definatly be back out there again soon after i get all the water out of my tires.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #2

Sorry, been off-line for a while, I think I saw a post about a Florida ride, I'm up for that... Did you have any prob's with the storms last Fri?

Old 02-11-2007, 11:48 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Jeez man, that's some sticky mud. What tires are you running?

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 PM   #4

As Culcune has mentioned, for the most part all we have to worry about here is deep bike-sucking sand. Nasty down to the frame/axle stuff that will fry a motor in a heartbeat. Air-down and throttle-up is the only way to beat it.

--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 PM   #5

Or run paddles....(pricey)

--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #6

I think that I have to buy a quad to ride in the sand (MBD starting slowly) for both me and my son .

I don't think this is the most appropriate place for this question, but what is a good quad size for a 7 year old?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #7

Sorry, but I have to laugh at that last picture....

I haven't put myself in a position to get stuck yet...but sooner or later I will and I will be in the same boat taking pictures of my stupidity.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
Sorry, been off-line for a while, I think I saw a post about a Florida ride, I'm up for that... Did you have any prob's with the storms last Fri?
no problems with any storms. when ever you're down for a florida ride let me know. this weekend is out for me since i'll be at the track in west palm but any other time will be good.

and yeah i did feel pretty dumb out there stuck like chuck. i'm very sore today from trying to get it out.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #9

I'll bet your sore, these bikes ain't that light but it looked like you had a really good time, I've been riding all over the place and haven't found a whole lot of trails, they're developing everything around here but there are always workers during the day and every time I ride by they turn and look so I'm sure they've had problems with other riders... I'm pretty close to beach, about 5 mins. away so I may just go screaming up and down the beach one night or head east... As far as a ride goes, I'm gonna break her in a bit more before I do any long trips but the way I'm going, that won't be long...

Old 02-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #10

be carefull on the sand, shells tear right through tires some times.

if you plan like taking a trip i can meet you some distance and load your bike into the trailer and drive it back some of the way for you. i plan on going out to that same rock pit next weekend if i can get a replacement rim by then. i bent mine pretty good. i also might having a cook out at my house in the near future and have all my friends over with 4-wheelers and we can all go riding the near by trails. then if possible i can borrow a big trailer and truck from my friend and use it to haul the 4 wheelers out to the rock pit area as well.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #11

How did you bend the rim?

--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-13-2007, 07:33 AM   #12

i don't know, i don't remember hitting anything hard. i know the spokes were very loose though when i got home. probly from rocking the bike back and forth in the mud. it's bent bad enough that it shakes the whole bike bad and i really don't remember hitting anything hard at all. i guess i'll find out today how long it'll be untill i can ride my bike again.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #13

Re: again, places i shouldn't be

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMYStreetRacer
i ended up getting lost and found a sh** ton of roads and trails. i'll definatly be back out there again soon after i get all the water out of my tires.
Excellent post.

You do so much exploring that a GPS might be in order.

I found a fully functional Garmin eMap at a local thrift store for $20. I mounted a used Garmin Legend ($100) to my dualsport with a handlbar mount ($20).

Used "yellow" garmin etrexes are traditionally $50.

Pics of my mount:

Old 02-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #14

Gators?

FMY,

Great Pics,
Any gators in that water? If there are.. I wonder if they would be attracted to the thrashing about trying to get the bike unstuck... They might be in the mood for some Chinese food? lol

Hope you get your bike straightened out!

NET