Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #1

Ny state registration

As of today my hawk 250 has been registered and plated in ny state with no issues.super excited to get some real miles on it now

Old 06-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #2

given the issues that others had registering these in other states, I thought for sure that NY would be the worst, (as usual) but I only had one minor issue getting mine registered, the MCO was rated in HP and not CCs, a quick correction and I was on my way.

guess it all comes down to the $$,

Old 06-06-2017, 11:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog21 View Post
As of today my hawk 250 has been registered and plated in ny state with no issues.super excited to get some real miles on it now
Congratulations ....... Ride safe, be smart and have fun! Now go make some memories

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #4

Man... I took my paperwork to DMV today; I know that I got the local angry woman (Poughkeepsie, Station 8 should ALWAYS be avoided!), but she typed the VIN in and said that it doesn't exist. I tried to tell her that I've seen at least 10 Hawks on the road in NY, but she got a bit loud, so I decided to leave. Every other person there has a good attitude... Anyway. Did anyone else have a similar issue? It's a 2015 with a Certificate of Origin from MotoBuys.com, if that makes a difference.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #5

Did you check to make sure the vin# on the MCO matches the # on the bike?

Old 07-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPrimusIII View Post
Man... I took my paperwork to DMV today; I know that I got the local angry woman (Poughkeepsie, Station 8 should ALWAYS be avoided!), but she typed the VIN in and said that it doesn't exist. I tried to tell her that I've seen at least 10 Hawks on the road in NY, but she got a bit loud, so I decided to leave. Every other person there has a good attitude... Anyway. Did anyone else have a similar issue? It's a 2015 with a Certificate of Origin from MotoBuys.com, if that makes a difference.
Well thats too bad, your going to have to step up the game with clear printed out photos and a pencil etch of the vin numbers (multiple locations of the vin if available) this will also serve as a good record in your file. As luck would have it you drew the shortest straw. Good luck next time.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #7

That sux! Let us know f you have better luck dealing with a decent human being who actually wants to be a public servant......

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 08-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Well thats too bad, your going to have to step up the game with clear printed out photos and a pencil etch of the vin numbers (multiple locations of the vin if available) this will also serve as a good record in your file. As luck would have it you drew the shortest straw. Good luck next time.
Or I could step it up another notch from there; just got my VT plate. Paperwork, check, bill of sale and 13days wait. Boom!

Old 08-13-2017, 10:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPrimusIII View Post
Or I could step it up another notch from there; just got my VT plate. Paperwork, check, bill of sale and 13days wait. Boom!
Probably cheaper than new York?

Then change it over to new York next year...brilliant!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~