Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2021, 04:06 PM   #1

Are the China Bikes For Me?

Hi,

I’m looking at dual sport bikes that border a little bit more on dirt bikes with blinkers, but in looking at the depreciation of dual sports I stumbled upon the hawk 250.

About me:

Grew up riding from age 13. 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers, then street bikes in my 20s and 30s.

Ninja zx-7, Cbr 900rr.

Never actually owned a dirt bike but used to trade off with friends. They’d ride my 3 and 4 wheelers and I’d ride their YZ125 and stuff in high school.

Fast forward to now.

I’m on a long, very involved project that’s taking a lot out of me mentally and physically. I’m trapped in a boring area. There’s Covid restricting things and I just feel like getting out and doing some easy trail riding to unwind and cool off. I’m stuck in Florida for the summer.

Still have my motorcycle license.

Wants:

A bike I can just get on and go for rides to vacuous trails around here. Solo. The heat here borders on deadly. I don’t want to spend a lot of time working on the bike or to break down and die of exposure out here alone on a trail.

Not looking to ride around the streets and in traffic much.

What do you think?

Is a Hawk dual sport a good idea or do they take lots of maintenance. I already have too many things to maintain. I am trying to ride to take a break from all that.

Is there any bike in particular I should look at that’s really reliable to get me home and to minimize time turning wrenches in the hot sun?

I’m getting a bike as a diversion to play around on and take a break from figuring out things and doing physical labor. Hope to find the best one to fit these needs.

Thanks!