Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Huh? Royal Enfield? Really?

Anyone seen this?
http://www.cycleworld.com/sites/cycl...4JS61&fc=50,50

http://www.cycleworld.com/sites/cycl...pgJ49&fc=50,50
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-30-2016, 03:28 PM   #2

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/0...-specs-photos/

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess:
  1. Not available in the USA
  2. Price exceeds $5k

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #3

Thumbs Up

betcha a dollar they come in, 30 inch saddle height? 8.6 inch travel both ends. 401cc. 75mph all day? 409lbs still 40 lbs less than my racked klr, 21 front 17 rear? i am LIKING this AND, I just happen to know an an hereditary indian princess LOL. Lets see if I can get one imported Zong better get their 400-450 in gear if RE is looking for the world market...
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-30-2016, 05:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
betcha a dollar they come in, 30 inch saddle height? 8.6 inch travel both ends. 401cc. 75mph all day? 409lbs still 40 lbs less than my racked klr, 21 front 17 rear? i am LIKING this AND, I just happen to know an an hereditary indian princess LOL. Lets see if I can get one imported Zong better get their 400-450 in gear if RE is looking for the world market...
They do look really nice and that is cool, but I wonder how much they cost?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #5

Didn't they ride those in WWII? I'll stick to Jawa.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #6

need to read the articles. first- made in all new plant/all new tech- bike designed by ducati guy.
2nd. wouldnt b showing/testing round milwaukee if not coming to us. 3rd-price not released but reporter informed by re exec would b 4 to 5k range. you can bet it will be as high as they can get but market is used klr crowd. 30" saddle makes it a no brainer. klr's too damned tall for a lot of peeps.engine design is clean sheet according to article. have to see about that. other thing is they want to go up against chinese mfg's for piece of world market. we shall see but so far so good..

Last edited by SeerAtlas; 07-31-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:49 PM   #7

Thumbs Up I'm on the waiting list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/0...-specs-photos/

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess:
  1. Not available in the USA
  2. Price exceeds $5k
I contacted Royal Enfield in India requesting information and asked if it will be coming to the USA. I was informed that the selling price will be between 4 to 5 thousand USA dollars. And R.E. Is establishing an entry port in Texas where all the Enfield bikes will be assembled and fine tuned by certified technicians before heading to US dealers so there will be no half-assed assembly. The carbs will all be replaced with fuel injection to meet USA air quality standards. They are currently being road tested in the Detroit area and hopefully will be appearing at the International Motorcycle Shows around the world this year.
I requested to be placed on the waiting list for gaining information for when the Himalaya bikes will become available for sale in the USA.
This is more my style and size of bike. I'll be an early purchaser/owner!

Old 07-30-2016, 08:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
Didn't they ride those in WWII? I'll stick to Jawa.
I need to know more about your Jawa ! .......I was just searching for a CZ not 10 minutes ago !

Old 07-30-2016, 09:18 PM   #9

me want one, how many bikes do you know that come with a BBQ rack on the swing arm as standard equip???? Or even offered as an accessary????? My style of BBQ, rj

Old 07-30-2016, 11:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I need to know more about your Jawa ! .......I was just searching for a CZ not 10 minutes ago !
I don't have one, I'm just another guy that would like to have one but can't afford it.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:13 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I contacted Royal Enfield in India requesting information and asked if it will be coming to the USA. I was informed that the selling price will be between 4 to 5 thousand USA dollars. And R.E. Is establishing an entry port in Texas where all the Enfield bikes will be assembled and fine tuned by certified technicians before heading to US dealers so there will be no half-assed assembly. The carbs will all be replaced with fuel injection to meet USA air quality standards. They are currently being road tested in the Detroit area and hopefully will be appearing at the International Motorcycle Shows around the world this year.
I requested to be placed on the waiting list for gaining information for when the Himalaya bikes will become available for sale in the USA.
This is more my style and size of bike. I'll be an early purchaser/owner!
I hope it happens. I might be interested if the price is right.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-31-2016, 08:40 PM   #12

24 hp at 400lbs? Not so much Must be the cool factor, does look neat.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-31-2016, 08:58 PM   #13

Thumbs Up

Black, on youtube are a bunch of RE vids of their bike trips up into the himalayas . Speed is not an issue, being able to grunt torque the rig through really rough terrain at low speed IS, sooo the engine is reportedly designed and built with that goal in mind.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:55 PM   #14

Seer.. I see, and have heard of the infamous tank like qualities of the R.E.. Personally I can't see the benefits of a 400lb bike on off road terrain. Seems more of a liability to haul and handle all that mass on x terrain.

I am a newb and haven't have some of the experience. I realize a lot can be said for "soaking up the bumps"
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-01-2016, 12:29 AM   #15

What about the RX-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
24 hp at 400lbs? Not so much Must be the cool factor, does look neat.
Doesn't the RX-3 weigh about 380 pounds?
What is it's horsepower rating?
So does the Himalaya have more or less pounds per horsepower?