Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #1

My experience with Powersportsmax

After much searching around for a small dirt bike for my 8 year old I decided on either an SSR or X-Pro 110. I looked at several semi local dealers who were helpful, but $300-400 higher than what I found online. I'm all for supporting local business, but not at a 40% premium. That left me with the decision of which online dealer to choose.
Powersportsmax had the X-Pro XB-27 110 semi auto on sale for $319 + 179 shipping. I was apprehensive after reading a few horror stories online, but several good reviews also. I decided to roll the dice and placed the order. I placed the order on Friday afternoon. Monday I got an email with the tracking number for FedEx freight. To my surprise it had already been picked up by FedEx on Friday- the same day I placed the order. Scheduled delivery on Thursday. I got a call Thursday from the FedEx driver to make sure I would be home, and to ask where I wanted him to pull up with the semi. It was a liftgate truck, so he was able to back up right to my garage/shop.
The bike was packed perfectly in a steel frame covered with a cardboard box, and strapped to a pallet. The bike itself was covered in protective wrap, with bubble wrap over that, and all the small parts bagged and zip tied to the frame. All in all, a great buying experience.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #2

I'm going to update this in case anyone is interested. The X-Pro ended up having a leak in the tube for the front tire. I emailed Powersportsmax customer service. Their online form asks for the invoice number, VIN, and contact info.
Two days went by, and I got an email that my replacement part was on the way. It arrived two days after that, and they actually sent a complete front wheel assembly. All I was expecting was a tube, so that was a nice surprise. I will buy another tube and have a spare wheel just in case.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:07 PM   #3

Its nice to hear and also rare to hear about someone receiving good customer service from an online china bike retailer. I bought my Hellcat from Powersportsmax and had a good experience also. There was an issue with the engine bolts breaking on the Hellcat so they included upgraded engine bolts with my bike without having to ask for them. I picked mine up from their warehouse, they issued me my temporary registration on the spot, and a few weeks later I received my plate, registration, and title with no issues.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #4

Im glad to see another positive Powersports max review> I also had a very good experience with them.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #5

Did you receive your MCO? If so, was it sent timely and was it correct?

I'm curious because I'm looking to get my kids (ages 4 and 6) a small 110cc ATV and I'm looking for a reputable dealer (asking too much?). I've read bad stories about some taking months to send the MCO. I did end up getting my MCO from TX Powersports, but it was wrong and needed to be done again. It took a few weeks to get the right one; all the while, I was growing increasingly nervous that he was screwing me over, since Manny was never available or always "in a meeting" and everyone else I spoke to there didn't handle MCO paperwork.

Sorry to jack your thread, I'm just curious about that dealer and getting the right paperwork in a timely fashion.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:49 PM   #6

Yes, the MCO was sent in the package with the owners manual. The MCO matches the VIN tag on the frame. I didn't give it much thought since there are no titles for off road machines here in MN.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #7

This is really great to hear. I've always watched both Powersports Max and Superior Powersports because they have the widest variety of CARB Approved inventory.

I bought my Rhino from SPS. The sale was great, arrived when they said. The after sale support (for cracked plastic) was non-existent. "We don't warranty plastics" was their quote.

Next time around, I'll try PSM, thanks to your experience.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-03-2019, 01:39 AM   #8

Update on Powersportsmax! I placed an order for a BMS250 on 4/30 in the afternoon. They shipped it today 5/2 as I have a tracking number with RL. I emailed them this morning as I had paid them extra for the speedy service as I have a reason for faster processing and delivery, as I will explain later. In the email I reminded them of the extra charge, and they promised 1 or 2 day turn around. I received an email this afternoon that the order has been shipped. Positive so far, and I will update as the shipment progresses, as should be delivered Tues 5/7.

I looked into becoming a dealer with a couple of the suppliers, and some require that the dealer purchases say 6 units a month. As self employed, right now my family and I are too busy to take on another project.

One of the fellows on this site has a Hawk that arrived with severe damage, and of course all the freight companies are pointing the finger at who pays the bill. Maybe the bike was damaged in the container on the boat load. Who foots the bill for say a damaged rim, or a damaged plastic? Supplier or online seller? There has to be profit in a bike that sells for 1700.00. some of the less expensive bikes or scooters or atv's have less profit? As a stocking dealer, the profit is made in the service or shop and accessories. If I were to be an online retailer, I couldn't ship out a damaged product. I think the fellow that has a damaged Hawk is theDJReMixer. If the customer is taken care of, he or she will buy again, and give great reviews. But some sellers are crafty, they pay someone to write good reviews that are not buyers of their products. Of course one cant please every buyer. AND sellers have bad days. Maybe one of the best ways is to import directly from the factory. I will ponder on that for a bit.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".