Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2018, 04:58 PM   #1

Grin Hawk and I

This is a long post but I'm in the mood to type so here goes:

This whole journey started about 3 years ago, when I visited my local chinese motorsports dealer to pick up a part for my son's coolster 150 atv. I walked past this dirt bike that was sitting right in my way and didn't even pay much attention to it. After purchasing my part and as I was leaving, I stopped to look at it. A DB36 Apollo 250. I just so happen to know the owner of the shop pretty well and he noticed it caught my eye. Rick walked up to me and asked if I wanted to test ride it. Well, HELL YEAH! So I ripped around the back lot for a bit and decided I better get off of it before I break it, or buy it haha. I left the dealership and that apollo stayed in the back of my mind for a long time, but I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger on the deal.

Fast forward 1 year....
I was back at Rick's shop just to stop by and kill some time while my wife was shopping, and I noticed a used blue burgman AN400 with only 6,000 miles. Needless to say, when I saw the price tag of only $1800 I had to have it. Long story short, I purchased the Burgman and when I came back to pick it up... there it was. A black Hawk 250 in all of its glory. Staring at me. $1800 price tag as well. Well shit, I just dropped a chunk on the burgman and wasn't in the mood to come home with TWO new bikes. So depressed, and a little sick I went hime with my new to me burgman. The Hawk 250 stayed in my the back of my mind for several weeks, but then quickly faded away as I was having too much fun with my other bikes.

Fast forward to a month and a half ago...
I was talking to a guy at work about a dual sport bike I was looking at (Honda CRF250 Rally) and its hefty $5800 msrp. He chimed in and said, "What about a Hawk I saw on the internet?" $1400 free shipping???? He directed me to txpowerports.com and without skipping a beat I added a Hawk 250 dressed in blue to my cart and was checking out with my credit card. It came promptly, in 2 days as a matter of fact. I assembled it the same night and took much care in assembling correctly and even changed all of the fluids and crap stock parts. (tubes, wheel bearings, spark plug, battery, etc) Now let me tell you I LOVED THIS BIKE!! I rode it around a few fields and on country roads. Once I tried to ride it on the big road I hated it. Now I'm probably heaviest hawk rider in the world at 340lbs but I expected it to do faster than 45. Not the case. So i ordered the mikuni on amazon and a pack of jets. This weekend I was able to assemble the mikuni to Megadan's exact specifications and install it. Now let me tell you, I REALLY LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!! It runs perfect and idles perfect once i got it dialed in, and I have full throttle!! I couldn't be happier! I can now do 65mph with stock gearing and still have throtte left. Thanks again Megadan and all of you on this forum. You guys are great!! Happy trails ya'll!!

Old 05-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #2

the engines need some miles to get the best speed out of them, not that your mods wont help. also welcome to the China Riders MC

Old 05-21-2018, 09:08 PM   #3

congrats man. Glad it all worked out well for ya. I love mine