Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #1

USA GIO

Where do us Americans buy GIO or GIO-like bikes? My budget is $1500 for a 200cc pure dirt bike. Thansk.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #2

I do not believe GIO sells bikes to the US.

Here's the same thing though in your price range.

I bought two Lifanoids from this outfit about 3 years ago and they were fine to deal with.

http://www.scooterdepot.us/200cc-4-S...kes-p-236.html

Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #3

Gio is just a Canadian brand, the machines are actually manufactured by some company whose name I do not know in China. You will likely get similar products from any of the Chinese dealers. For a pure dirt bike, I would imagine you wouldn't need to spend $1500.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #4

I believe GIO gets their bikes from Xmotos now. I'm not sure about the ATV's though, they could be made by someone else. So, if you could find an American Xmotos dealer you would be getting the same bike. Hope this helps.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #5

I want something more trail worthy than Lifanoid. GIO looks a bit tougher than Lifanoid.

I don't find any Xmoto dealer in US.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
I believe GIO gets their bikes from Xmotos now. I'm not sure about the ATV's though, they could be made by someone else. So, if you could find an American Xmotos dealer you would be getting the same bike. Hope this helps.
That is correct, GIO hooked up with X-Motos last year, all 3 GIO ATV's that i have are made by Zhejiang Yongkang Easy Vehicle Co. Ltd.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
I want something more trail worthy than Lifanoid. GIO looks a bit tougher than Lifanoid.

I don't find any Xmoto dealer in US.
From the same place as the link above http://www.scooterdepot.us/Motocross...ike-p-456.html This bike looks identical to my GIO X31 and i'd say there's a 99.9% chance it's made by X-Motos, you could always call them or e-mail them to confirm it, if so it's the same bike as you would get at GIO.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #8

38" seat height! Wow!

Does the suspension sag alot? I'm only 5'8".

Would you buy a brand new Gio/Xmoto 31 or a well used Honda XR200 for about the same price? Which one has better suspension?

Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #9

That's a tough one... Though, in my neck of the woods, for an XR200 to be in the $1000 to $1500 range it would have to be a mid eighties model and pretty well worn out. From what I've read online, the Xmotos are one of the better built chinese bikes. I think in this case I would be inclined to go for the X31 style bike. That is, unless you can get a lot newer XR in the States for $1500 than you can here in Canuckland.

Cheers,
Stew

Old 03-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #10

APOLLO ORION

Buy yourself a APOLLO ORION.. I bought in a container load 2 years ago.. excellent bike.. no one had any problems.. they sell alot of them in tHE usa

Old 03-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #11

I'd suggest searching for someone in your area where a Q-link is available. I'm going to be picking one up for 1750.00. Best price around in the PRK and they are dealt out of Texas, from what I hear.

I have an X-moto and have ridden a couple of his Q's. I like my X-moto Lifanoid (Honda clone). Great, durable bike. Well set-up. However, the Q is rockin.... Way more "Japanese" for lack of a better explanation. Worth a couple hundred extra bucks, for sure. Has a real Mikuni, too.

X-Moto....I have one. Just another generic Lifanoid under that name.
We seem to make the mistake of pidgeon-holing our thinking, it seems, with brand names on our bikes, especially when it comes to the mass-produced Honda clones. It's not like they're actually planned, engineered and built as different products, such as Yamaha, Suzuki, etc.... They're really not. I think that hurts our searches for parts. "I have a GIO, not a Hensim or X-moto or whatever Honda clone."

My China Bike guy, who goes to China a month every year, explained to me. "There are different provences that make a lot of the same parts....some are better than others, welds and things, though they all fit. They all get put together and imported under a bunch of different importer names (Gio, X-Moto, Hensim, Red Cat, etc....) but a million parts are interchangeable."
For example, I can take a ton of parts off my X-Moto and swap them on my Hensim.

He's been very impressed with the Q Link folks, with everyone he's dealt with, concerning American marketing and support. He's been doing the CB thing for quite a few years now and says they're on it. Unfortunately, he told me the other day that the XP and XF 200 are not going to be made (or possibly imported?) anymore and they're going to a water cooled 250 and bigger bikes. I'm jumping on an XP 200 while they're available. Great bike.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #12

Qlink is nice, but it's a dual sport. So I'd have to replace the street tires with knobbies. And the Qlinks look a lot heavier than the Gios. The trails I plan to ride have lots of sand and mud.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:14 AM   #13

+1 on the Q link. Head and shoulders above the generic CB's. A real dealer network and factory support and 2 year warantee and roadside assistance. Near total parts interchangeablity with Suzuki.

The D/S tires it comes with are very good 50/50 Kenda's but when those wore out I went to off road only Dunlops. Capable little bike.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #14

Dont forget he already has a KLR650. He is looking for a more serious dirt bike.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #15

Used XR.

My Dirt Rat was a greatly superior dirt bike to the Q. It's just an old rebuilt/refurbished 1983 XR200R with a new Lifan OHC motor.