Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #1

My 2008 Hensim HS250CR Arrived

Well, I purchased a crated 2008 Hensim HS250CR for $1200 FOB TX.

It arrived this morning and let me tell ya, Murphy was hanging over my shoulder all day. First, the truck couldn't make the incline coming off the street and had to unload at the bottom of my driveway at the bottom of the hill. The bike was standing on its nose, had holes in the cardboard, and the metal crate frame was bent pretty bad. I told the trucker I'd be right back I had to go get my camera.

It wasn't as bad as it looked. There were a couple of scratches here and there but nothing that concerned me. We tried to use a pallet jack to get it up the hill but we both gave out about 1/3 the way up and headed back down.

So, here I am on the side of the road, raining on and off, putting my bike together with no instructions. Not even an exploded view or anything. While attempting to raise the front end to install the front tire I broke the shifter linkage bar. :x

I did get the thing together with no left over parts. I had one missing washer that was lost in transit that I'll pick up @ the HW store. I changed the oil, fueled it up, and it started the first turnover. Runs and rides great ... in first gear/ :roll:

Thats not the worst part thou. I went around re-torquing and thread locking and stripped the bolt holes that hold the rear sprocket on. :x I think its called a stopper block. So before I can take it out I've got to source and install the two parts that I trashed. Class "A" backyard mechanic. :wink:

I was relieved to see the EPA, Cali. Emissions , and DOT cert. data right on the bike. It took about six hrs from unloading to riding around the yard. I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow. I'm way too worn out to mess with it tonight. I ain't no young whippersnapper anymore. :wink:

Edit ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
My dealer said that he has both parts in stock and will ship out tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #2

Sound like it is going to be very interesting. Cant wait for an update!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #3

That sounds like one of my adventures.

Looking forward to the pics when you get time.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #4

I eagerly await the photographs. If I may ask, how much did it cost to ship it from Texas to Virginia?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
I eagerly await the photographs. If I may ask, how much did it cost to ship it from Texas to Virginia?

Spud
I was getting quotes for around $650-$750 but Charlie got it shipped for $250 w/liftgate service. I could have gotten it shipped for $200 if I picked it up @ the terminal or delivered it to a business address.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkrantz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider

Spud
I was getting quotes for around $650-$750 but Charlie got it shipped for $250 w/liftgate service. I could have gotten it shipped for $200 if I picked it up @ the terminal or delivered it to a business address.
That is excellent customer service! I had to arrange my own shipping when I bought my Zong. :? I paid $238 to have it shipped from Seattle to my friend's workplace in Idaho.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #7

WARNING, GRAPHIC INTENSIVE!!!

OK, here are the pics. It hasn't had a bath yet so overlook the dirty pics. :P

Adjustable ride shocks.

Anybody spot the mixture adj screw in the photos?

I'm replacing these with...

These. The top ones are reflective.

I just put this on to keep the bugs off my teeth.

8O That had me a little worried

Whats missing in this picture?

YUP! :evil:
Tha, tha, tha, thats all folks!

Old 04-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #8

the mixture screw is on the bottom on the front side of the carb.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #9

If only sellers would take pics like that.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
If only sellers would take pics like that.
Indeed, thank you for the beautiful photographs! Your bike looks great. I agree with Cal regarding the location of the carburetor's pilot mixture screw.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #11

Your foot shift linkage is not intact!. Be sure to read my thread on the one I bought a couple years back. That is a heck of a bike for that price. I had mine out for 20 miles today. Good luck with it.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
...That is a heck of a bike for that price. I had mine out for 20 miles today. Good luck with it.
I agree; you got a great deal! I much prefer dual sport motorcycles. However, if I liked cruisers, I would certainly jump on the deal you got.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Your foot shift linkage is not intact!. Be sure to read my thread on the one I bought a couple years back. That is a heck of a bike for that price. I had mine out for 20 miles today. Good luck with it.
Thanks, I read your thread. It gives me a few things to keep in mind. I haven't had mine out yet but I can very easily shift from first to neutral and second to neutral by hand. Have you ever tried adjusting the linkage rod?

I started my bike off with full synthetic 10w40. A bit pricey but better protection against friction, better flow, less gum and varnish, and doesn't break down as fast at higher temps. Perfect for air cooled engines.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #14

You're welcome for the info. Most guys here will discourage you from using that synthetic for at least 1000 miles. The conventional oil will allow a better break in. I personally would drain it and save it for later. The shift to neutral when the engine is not running, is not a problem, it is when It is running. Be a bit gentle on the tranny at least for a while. As you may have read, I did go with a smaller sprocket on the back and it is hard to find. Have fun and be careful!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #15

Bug Defflector

Here's my bug deflector

I have a mini tachometer on the way.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
It will attach to the right or left bolt that secures the speedometer bracket. All I have to do as far as wiring is run it to the +/- on the coil and the + on the light for the speedo.

I'm also adding flashing brake lights featuring chrome skull license plate bolts w/red LED eyes. They will flash for 4 seconds and then stay lit. Virginia law allows their use as long as it flashes for less than 5 seconds.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Can you tell I'm a red neck? :wink:

I'm also looking @ modulating headlight units but the price needs to come down a bit before I'll get one.