Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #16

I'm not too sure about that, mainly cause I'm doing it right now. :( I didn't just use jb weld though. I had some left over thin metal, the type you get at home depot. I used the JB to weld the patch of cut metal inside the battery box. But that's on my cb350, on the china bike I moved the battery box under the seat. From under the seat you can tie the battery down from about 6 different spots. Moving the battery and reinforcing the rear fender made my bike way more solid. But I'm still N2r.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #17

i've given up on my battery. it simply will not hold a charge. the temperature here was about 24F when I fired it up. The idle needed increased until bike was warmed. I am fed up with that annoying beeping sound and I vow to do something about it tomorrow. The clutch lever is jincy and the turn signals arent equally spaced from the headlight. I reckon I can sort all that out. i actually look forward to sorting it out. a friend of mine is seriously considering buying one of these bikes. i have yet to add fuel to the tank. this thing gets a lot better mileage than my v8 chevy van used to get. no bed in the back of this though...

Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #18

Okay..i changed the oil from the dealer at about 25 km. It had darkness but not too bad, seen worse in my cars. I removed the oil screen there were tiny particles of silver stuff. I cleaned the screen, and installed it all back together and added 10w40 motorcycle oil.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #19

To make the signals stop beeping, remove the left side (chain side) rear covers, the white "cool boy" and the black one in front of it. You can leave the two connected to each other so you don't have to mess around with the bolts behind them, and just remove it as one piece, by taking out the two front screws and one back one... Then hanging off the frame on a rubber mount will be a box with like five wired, if you take it off and find the open hole, just fill it up with styrafoam, silicone, or anything, and wrap around it with electrical tape. To make sure you found the right box before taking it off just turn on the signal lights

Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #20

I will make sure to press my ear up against the box before turning on the signals because I want to be sure its the right box.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #21

:P you may go deaf, you could probably stand a few hundred feet away and still hear where it's coming from.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #22

Today I straightened out my blinkers. I notice that the bulbs in these things are really weak. Also I have discovered the right blinker blinks way slower than the left one. What could be the problem? I need to sort out a list of shit before my warranty expires. Also, I figured out what the deal was with the clutch lever. It was simply loose. I tightened it using the screw slot in the top. The bike was difficult to start in the cold. I had full choke on. Then I thought what the heck and I turned the fuel mixture screw about 1/4 turn out. The bike started and after holding it at high enough rev to let engine warm, it then settled into a decent idle.

are there any diagrams of the carburetor on the GY-5 available?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #23

I had the same problem with my turn signals blinking slow. I just went to the nearest autoparts store and bought a turn signal relay(two wire version) wired it up and presto. It blinks like it should and no longer beeps. Oh its only a two dollar part so its really not worth even making the claim.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:12 AM   #24

that sounds like a good idea. thanks.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #25

today despite the crappy weather I went out and stuffed that annoying beeper box with toilet paper and then taped it closed. It is now much quieter. I also went over the bike and did not find a single loose fastener (with the exception of the one I found the other day that made my clutch lever loose). All the bolts are tight for now, but I have only put about 130km on the bike so far.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #26

Today it was way too cold to ride, especially with the wind chill factored in. I took my crate off, then decided I would try to bungee it onto the rear rack so I would be able to remove it quickly. The bungee cords are not tight enough. I settled on a compromise. I bought some of those cheap zip ties from Big Lots. You get a whole bunch for like $2.00 or so. I figure when I am going to the store I will zip tie that sucker on and when I don’t need it I can always remove it.
As a result of having this sudden supply of zip ties, I find myself organizing my computer cables, my TV and DVD player cables. The world needs more things to zip tie.
As always, thanks for all the help.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #27

okay. never trust those cheap azz zip ties from biglots! trust me on this one.

dropped bike off at dealer today. They are going to replace the battery (under warranty) and adjust the valves. at times like this I am really glad I bought from a local dealer. they let me watch as they took the tank off and a few other things which really helped me as far as understanding a few things about the bike. thanks to the youtube videos of carb jetting I think i'll be able to accomplish that myself.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #28

The bike is actually pretty nice that way, it is easy to get most of it apart... I think maybe the motor is a little more difficult, since I think maybe there isn't enough room between it and the frame, I don't know...

Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #29

yeah on mine, the only way to get the valve cover off is to either drop the motor down or to grind off 1/8 inch from one of the ribs on the valve cover. I told the mechanic to just grind it off so it would be easy to adjust in the future. there was actually a post on this very subject on the AL forum. That is where I heard about the trick to getting off the valve cover.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #30

[quote="zapkin"]okay. never trust those cheap azz zip ties from biglots! trust me on this one.

. thanks to the youtube videos of carb jetting I think i'll be able to accomplish that myself.[/quote

Under what tital did you find the carb jeting vids I had no luck.