Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2015, 11:07 PM   #1

Uncrating instructions

My new RX3 arrived at the truck terminal yesterday, and I'll unpack it and ride it home tomorrow. Since things have changed pretty fast at CSC, I wonder how much of the existing "setup" documents still apply? I'll be prepared for a full assembly regardless, but anyone who got one in the last month care to chime in? The CSC guys say the bike comes "fully assembled".
Also, how do I open a .RAR file? The Zongshen Uncrating Instructions link leads to one of those...?!?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #2

Not sure about the .rar file, but mine came last week with everything but the windscreen and the top box installed-9 bolts, 6 nuts, and you'll be good to go. Oh, and you net 4 decent ratchet straps out of the deal, too-I bet they came from Harbor Freight, but hey, straps are straps!

Old 10-04-2015, 11:19 PM   #3

Nice! I need some straps. I'm a little less stressed. Thanks!

Old 10-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #4

Well, I have no idea what an RAR file is, sorry.

If CSC has shipped your bike assembled, I can tell you what I had to do when receiving mine which I paid to have assembled.

1. Battery. As soon as you can, look to see if the battery is still in a separate box. If it is, then open it and get the electrolyte in it so it can start percolating.

2. Keys. They're around there somewhere. On mine, the luggage keys don't work the switch & seat lock. You will want to find that out pretty soon. If you didn't bring tools, you will want to get the tool kit that lives under the rear seat.

3. Bolt the luggage to the mounts. The hardware is in a plastic bag in the luggage carton. Be careful you don't mix up which piece of luggage goes where.

4. Windshield. Screw it. To the mounts that is. Should be a little plastic bag with the hardware in the wrapping for the shield. Screw the mirrors, too.

5. Check tire pressure and adjust if necessary. If you don't have a gauge & pump with you, ride with caution until you can complete this step.

6. Install the Battery. You didn't put the tool kit away yet, did you?

7. Now sit down with the Operator's Manual and read it repeatedly until committed to memory.

8. Ensure all controls and lights function as they should per the Manual.

9. Don all your safety gear and mount the bike as if you are going to ride. Do this to become intimately familiar with the controls and feel of the machine. Adjust your mirrors,,,,,,,,,,,,, you fired it up and have been riding since #6, haven't you?

Don't try to deny it. That big smile of pleasant surprise is giving you away. Top off the gas tank and check those tires as soon as you can.

Jay.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #5

Just saw that MattyBoy posted quicker than I did. (Young snot nosed newbie).

So, yeah, straps as a bonus and less work for you to do.

Tire pressure & gas, then. Welcome to the growing fan base.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:48 PM   #6

Congrats to you guys who just got your bikes. I picked up, so no straps for me, but if it's the same that I bought from CSC, they're really nice quality and soft (unlike the stiffer, scratchier nylon ones from Harbor Freight or the auto parts stores), and the have a sewn in loop to make strapping down easier.

Let us know your thoughts/reviews of your bikes (and color choice and photos, if you'd care to share.)

Old 10-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #7

Photos and a quickie review coming within 24 hours. I'm so excited I could...well, I probably won't sleep too well tonight. Thanks for the support.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Just saw that MattyBoy posted quicker than I did. (Young snot nosed newbie).

So, yeah, straps as a bonus and less work for you to do.

Tire pressure & gas, then. Welcome to the growing fan base.
I'll take that...I've been called worse! Besides, you can't wipe the smile off of my face that my RX3 has given me!

Old 10-05-2015, 01:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckayprod View Post
My new RX3 arrived at the truck terminal yesterday, and I'll unpack it and ride it home tomorrow. Since things have changed pretty fast at CSC, I wonder how much of the existing "setup" documents still apply? I'll be prepared for a full assembly regardless, but anyone who got one in the last month care to chime in? The CSC guys say the bike comes "fully assembled".
Also, how do I open a .RAR file? The Zongshen Uncrating Instructions link leads to one of those...?!?

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations. You might enjoy reading the following thread; it contains some assembly tips. It also has a link to the uncrating documents.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...747#post182747

I suggest you pay special attention to post #4, if you want to get the most life from your new battery.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #10

I am not a computer expert ,but used to play with satellite tv systems ,use a program called winrar to open your instructions .Winzip can also do them if I remember correctly .There are free versions ,if you can't find one try looking on a Satellite forum .

Old 10-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #11

Congrats on the bike! My bike was 95% pre assembled, and the battery was installed. I only had to attach the windshield, mirrors and top box.

.RAR files are compressed files similar to .zip files. You'll need to download a program like WinZip. I prefer 7-zip instead, because it's totally free and can open just about any compression format.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #12

Thanks for the help. I now have the physical Owner's Manual and all is good. I have to say that the translation provides some real comedy in places. I'll post some photos shortly.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #13

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #14

Congrats and welcome. My worldly bit of advice is to check every nut and bolt, even those that are witness marked. It's the one area of quality control that is suspect.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L