Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2023, 07:10 AM   #1

Doh! Clutch Assembly's CG250

Hey guys, I have a tbr7 and am looking to replace the entire clutch assembly.
Tao customer service said the original is out of stock and I purchased an amazon clutch assembly recommended by mymotorcycleblog and it was a few mm too big (130mm) with 73 teeth. Tao customer service just emailed me with specs from china:
" CG250 type, 70 teeth, 6 columns and 7 pieces, thickened gear"

The original clutch I left in the bike and I don't feel like taking it out just to measure but I've spent a week online searching & calling every tbr7 dealership and am exhausted I might aswell . Unless of course someone can provide a website with tbr7 clutch dimensions/specs (an all around CG parts breakdown resource that categorizes by part number and dimensions/specs would be amazing )
I would literally build a website dedicated to you guys (I'm a web developer I'll actually make one , thanks for all the help from everyone these past few months. You gotta love to hate these china bikes, I went from a complete newb to contemplating porting/polishing heads and adjusting valve clearance lol.

I didn't mean to bash mymotorcycleblog for recommending the wrong part, that is the best tbr7 resource ever. Also thank you to tbr7.com, 3 pedal devils, moto taco, and Jay's so low it hertz for all the guidance and the Chinariders!
Any assistance with a compatible complete clutch assembly for the tbr7 is greatly appreciated. Or any resource that lists specific part similarities/differences between tbr7 vs hawk 250 or any other compatible CG250 parts for the tbr7. Once again it's been a frustrating but amazing fun/challenging journey and couldn't do it without you guys/gals!

Tags
cg250, clutch assembly, hawk 250, lets build a database!, tbr7