Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #1

Csc sg250 clatter

About a month ago, I bought a second hand CSC SG 250 with 6,000 mi on it that was well maintained. The clutch started slipping and grabbing, so I bought the parts from CSC and put a new clutch in. On startup, I got a loud clatter that is strictly related to engine speed. Clutching or not doesn't seem to affect it at all. I immediately shut it down and tore it back down, couldn't find a thing. I put it back together, rode it about 10 miles, no change to the noise it was making. I convinced myself that the clutch basket was probably looser after me trying to get everything out, so tore it down again. Managed to tighten up the rivets a little, got it back together, still have the clatter. I put new pressure plates in and checked every shaft and bearing I could find, yep, still have that noise. I can't find any signs of wear or problems other than the loud noise which started immediately after I changed the clutch. I even adjusted the valves. I've got a short video of the noise but I have not figured out how I'm going to get it online yet.

I did waffle three pennies in an effort to get the castellated nut off of the oil spinner. All the pennies are accounted for. The nut is supposed to be tightened at 60 ft lb, but this one took way over a hundred foot pounds of force to get loose.

Any ideas anyone? This is driving me crazy!