Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to chris5150 Send a message via Yahoo to chris5150
registration question

I live in daytona beach florida and i was trying to find out if people have tried registering one of these china bikes in florida. i am still undecided on which one to get in particular. the roketa is cheap on dirtcheapmotorsports.com but i like the look of the lifan a little more. not $200 more. i would appreciate the help. this site as been very informative. what is everyones opinion on the differences between these bikes and how hard is registration in florida. thanks

p.s once i get it does anyone know of any cool trails in florida, preferibly central florida?

Old 01-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #2

Do not, I repeat DO NOT buy from Dirt Cheap Motorsports if you plan on registering it for the road. Several of us here have had BAD experiences with Ricky at DCM. The one year warranty is bogus, and he will NOT provide you with a Bill of Sale or an MCO so you can register the bike for the road. Save yourself a lot of hassle and go with a bike from one of the site sponsers here. They are all proven to be reputable.
2006 Roketa RSX200E MODS: YZ250F Muffler, Airbox delete with K/N style filter, Main Jet reamed 2 sizes over, Yamaha R1 Rear clicker shock on custom scissor linkage making 8 3/4in. of rear wheel travel!!! Battery relocated under seat.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #3

what about xxx-motorsports they are cheap but are they reputable? basically will i get a proper mso and bill of sale? i have heard them mentioned but i do not remeber any info about there business practices. thanks

Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #4

I don't personally know anything about XXX. I have heard them mentioned here and don't remember reading anything horrible. You could do a search here and read through the posts that contain their name. Just make sure the person you buy from IS A LISENCED DEALER, and can get you an official COMPLETE/SIGNED MCO and a Bill of Sale transfering ownership to you. Also, call the Florida DMV and make sure you can register these types of bikes there. Most of these China bikes ARE NOT EPA/DOT, so be careful what you buy. Lifan offers a few that are DOT, but my Roketa is not DOT or EPA certified. Luckily here in Vermont, they dont care. If you give them the $$, you get a plate. Do plenty of research and you'll be fine. Good luck and happy trails!
2006 Roketa RSX200E MODS: YZ250F Muffler, Airbox delete with K/N style filter, Main Jet reamed 2 sizes over, Yamaha R1 Rear clicker shock on custom scissor linkage making 8 3/4in. of rear wheel travel!!! Battery relocated under seat.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #5

i just bought a Roketa from dirtcheapmotorsports and it was a bit of a pain to get it registered. if Rickey would just do what he was suppossed to it would go smooth as cake. Roketa actaully has a nice setup and are very helpfull with getting the bike correct mso. but if the dealer won't help you out you're pretty much screwed.

i did end up getting mine registered after 3 trips back and forth to the tax collector and a little not so "proper" paper work and i got it done.

i'd say buy from a local dealer or xxx motor sports wich last time i checked has the db-07a on sale for $1,029. you'll have to pay and extra $45 i think it was for a MSO from them but atleast they'll do it for you correctly.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #6

Dude, Though I would not suggest the dealer I used, unless like me, you just want the product, I would buy from a DIAMO dealer in fl. You will recieve a temp tag out the door,and no later than 21 days will get a metal one. No ins. needed. Personally I would be surprised if there was a better china bike in the US. But I only have mine to judge. My friends dont laugh anymore. 2195.00 sucks though.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #7

Hey Chris,
Welcome to the site, I'm over on the west coast of Fla and should have my bike by Tues., Lifan200gy-5 from T-motorsports, I got it of off e-bay but they do have a dot com site, look to your left on the home page of China riders they have an add and they have been good to deal with so far. These bikes come with an MSO, not sure if it's filled out correctly, guess I'll find out Tuesday and let ya know? There are NO emissions test or anything like that in Fl so I don't see it as being a huge problem (have you seen some of the stuff people have on the road here?)GOOD NEWS, just talked to a friend at the DMV and from what he said, all you need is your MSO and your Bill of sale/Receipt(Pay-pal, E-bay) and your good to go... That takes a load off of my mind... Hope I helped...

Old 01-26-2007, 09:50 PM   #8

ambassador, your Lifan is also 49-state DOT/EPA certified (Californians cannot join the fun on the street, but only use it off-road as it is green-stickered) so you should not have a problem registering it in FL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #9

i don't think my Roketa was anything certified and i had no problem either after i got the properly filled out MSO.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:40 PM   #10

Florida is probably like Arizona in the registration realm. Its just that the LIfan is a sure bet, here in AZ or FL, while the Roketa could just give "$200 worth" of problems, depending on the dealer.

The best bet is still to find an authorized dealer who will put the bike together, and register it.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-27-2007, 01:02 AM   #11

thanks for all the great info. it is sad i have to wait a couple of more weeks to buy one, but my truck is taking longer to sell than i would like. i will be a china rider soon, but it does not look like it will be as soon as i would like. i think i am gong to go with xxx for the sole reason that people have said good thing about them. also they are in my price range. i have not looked up dealers in my area but all they are going to do is charge me to put togather something i can do myself. i am mechanically incline and i like tinkering. i just hope my mso comes in properly. thanks and if anyone has any more input on xxx-motorsports it would be appreciated.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5150
i just hope my mso comes in properly.
If the bike is drop shipped to you it will most likely be blank -- you will have to send it back to the dealer to get it filled out and returned back to you. So plan on getting it sent back to them right away if you are wanting to be on the street as early as possible.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-28-2007, 02:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by John22j
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5150
i just hope my mso comes in properly.
If the bike is drop shipped to you it will most likely be blank -- you will have to send it back to the dealer to get it filled out and returned back to you. So plan on getting it sent back to them right away if you are wanting to be on the street as early as possible.
na, the mso that is in the box is not the one that you will use. once you get the bike and have the vin number you have to go back to xxx's site and they have a link to request a mso. you'll need to fill that out and they'll send you a properly filled out mso. if only all the other dealers did like this....

Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #14

xxx motorsports

Ditto the sentiments about xxx. Very professionally filled out MSO's .

xxx also delivers directly to your house and not a trucking terminal.

Just be sure when you make your purchase you clarify what the mso will say: Ie.. Motorcycle as opposed to Dirtbike offroad use only.

Good luck

NET

Old 01-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #15

thanks for the info about xxx. now i know what i am going to do. when i get my bike i will video the assembly for the newbies thanks.