Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #1

Storms

I know some of y'all live in Georgia and Alabama. I know we got hit here in Hattiesburg Mississippi, and its bad here. I hope you guys are all ok.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #2

robertsdale al

just had a little hail south of us

Old 01-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #3

Hope all is OK for you folks!

As I'm sure you saw on Joe's blog, we had a brief break in the storms, but Mother Nature is giving us a pounding again today and tomorrow. It's been so long since I've ridden my RX3, I'm finding myself in the garage making motorcycle noises!

Keep dry and safe everyone!

Old 01-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #4

Advdad.. will watch the report to nite. Noticed earlier that Ms getting rocked.

This is something I don't miss from being a Mississippi resident anymore. When the lightning flickers like a strobe light and the rain seemingly slows it's usually the sign of a twister overhead (speaking from a scary childhood nights experience)
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #5

Were getting pissed on in upstate SC. The weather man said we could get hail, strong winds, and possible tornados. Flooding will happen around here. I just hope it isn't bad enough to hit peoples homes.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #6

Im from southern California. .San Fernando Valley, and I wish you all the best there!

Yeah..this is the second time in 2 years ive watched it pass my house. It was indeed steobe lighting, red sky at 0345 hrs, then it got really really still. It was then time to get our butts inside. It hit the boys and girls dorms at a local university as well as some neighborhoods. Totally devestated them. Ill be out helping tomorrow. I figure as an acute care RN, I can do something to help. Even pick remnants of houses up. Its what makes us a society.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
Im from southern California. .San Fernando Valley, and I wish you all the best there!

Yeah..this is the second time in 2 years ive watched it pass my house. It was indeed steobe lighting, red sky at 0345 hrs, then it got really really still. It was then time to get our butts inside. It hit the boys and girls dorms at a local university as well as some neighborhoods. Totally devestated them. Ill be out helping tomorrow. I figure as an acute care RN, I can do something to help. Even pick remnants of houses up. Its what makes us a society.
Been getting hammered north of you, AD. Constant rain, sleet for days and this morning, snow down to about 1200 feet, according to the road I take every day. Made for an awesome super-commute. We don't see this too often at 3000'.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #8

I'm in upstate Ny...it's still snowing out as I type. Expecting 3-6 inches? We'll see. Supposed to change to freezing rain.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!