Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2021, 07:47 PM   #1

PZ20 for X-Pro 125cc

I just picked up a used Vader X-pro 125 X-7. It is still stock, stock airbox and carb. It started when i brought it home last Saturday, and it was running briefly tonight, but sadly it died out and i could not get it to stay running.
I put a new spark plug in, the battery has juice, nothing. couldnt get it to turn over.

My plan is to clean the carb, and possibly replace it, and likely remove all the EGR mess and airbox and put a Polini (I like the blue and chrome look) filter on it.

I happen to have a spare pz20 laying around. Would this be a good replacement for the stock carb or does size matter here and I need a 22mm?

I drove the unit 3 hours home in my trailer so perhaps something shook loose.

Thanks

Old 09-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #2

First off remove the big tube thing under the seat and the connecting hoses. There's a hose coming down the left side as you sit on the bike, this is the fuel vent line and its connected to a check valve that restricts the flow of fuel fumes. Take that off and just droop the hose downward. It solved my problem with shutting off after driving or idling for a short while when its hot out.

Here's a pic of the check valve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210831_204043.jpg (79.6 KB, 231 views)

Old 09-02-2021, 04:14 PM   #3

It fired right up yesterday and rode great. Im going to keep it stock until I have to upgrade.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:02 PM   #4

I might be a little late to this party... I picked up a 2022 X-Pro X-7 a couple months ago, stock carburetor on mine is a PZ20 but not easily disassembled/re-jetted due to headless screws and the like. Only adjustment is the idle screw. original jetting seems a fuzz lean. I'd be in the market for a stock carb for a rejetting project if/when you move on to something else.

Old 06-10-2022, 03:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est View Post
I might be a little late to this party... I picked up a 2022 X-Pro X-7 a couple months ago, stock carburetor on mine is a PZ20 but not easily disassembled/re-jetted due to headless screws and the like. Only adjustment is the idle screw. original jetting seems a fuzz lean. I'd be in the market for a stock carb for a rejetting project if/when you move on to something else.
I upgraded to a Mikuni Vm22-133 genuine since then and I still have the stock carb in storage