Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2021, 07:38 PM   #1

Question Zongshen 212cc on blank Ice Bear Champion frame

I have an Ice Bear Champion frame that I've stripped bare. I have a Zongshen 212cc from Pitster Pro with the harness that came with it, it wouldn't start. I tested the stator and had bad results on the pickup wire blue/white. I replaced the stator, it now tests good.

https://youtu.be/Uc6VVyWOcXk

Since then I was able to get it running three times, the video above is the first time. It wouldn't fire up every time and it seemed my spark (or I thought fuel) was intermittent, now the spark is gone.

https://youtu.be/SvG3hGVpxys

I've ran extra ground wires from the coil, and to the engine, to the harness ground, and to the frame. Still no spark. Tested the coil and according to what I found it tests OK.

My foot is starting to hurt from kicking it over and over, now that the spark is gone I can cut that out anyhow. Could I have fried something?

I'm not sure how to proceed other than tracing each wire through the engine harness or to order a new harness and use the rectifier, coil and CDI from this...

Old 07-24-2021, 10:34 PM   #2

I put the harness on the outside of the frame and suddenly had strong spark. Put the plug in and it ran, shut it off and it won't restart.

Why

But then I can't get it going again.

Old 08-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #3

Ok got it running properly-ish.

Old 08-05-2021, 12:36 PM   #4

I have gotten quite a bit done on the bike, now I can ride it. How does a neutral indicator wire work? Does it ground out the circuit when its in neutral? My guess is I would hook the indicator light to power and ground it to the "neutral wire" and it would only come on when grounded in neutral. Is that right?

Old 11-12-2021, 10:02 PM   #5

A tad off topic but I see the Seed Savers sticker and IA license plate. Decorah area by chance?