Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Hey, Carl--
Yes, when you reach 'Chuck Norris' status. LOL Something like 400 posts?

Old 05-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #17

Keep posting and sharing your info, you'll get there....

Old 05-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #18

Is there a "Bruce Lee" status where you can change other people's rankings! HAHAAHAHAAH

Although I know it exists in a totally different cultural context on this BBS, the "Cool Boy" image in China itself kinda makes me sick. Basically it involves a bunch of narrow minded, selfish, inconsiderate incapable wanna be men who just like to look cool. They are nothing but appearance and most of the time they endanger other people's lives with their unbridled irresponsible behavior.

Sometimes it just gets me pissed just thinking about it. China has a lot of great women, many of whom ride motorcycles or scooters. The women can take care of the business, home and child while the men sit around, drink piss and gamble. They do the SAME manual labor as the men do, get paid less and still find a way to have beautiful smiles. Now not all women in China are like this, but many of them are. They work hard and deserve some respect...even if unspoken.

I remember one time I saw a beautiful girl in a short skirt squatting by here little mini-car (which had a flat tire), totally clueless and trying to figure out the scissor jack. Her "cool boy" boyfriend with his "cool boy" hair style and clothes was just sitting on the curb talking on his g-damned cell-phone. I wanted to take em' out.

Anyway, I know the meaning on this BBS is different. Just wanted to highlight how the same words or ideas can have deply contrasting meanings.

CC