Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #1

Dualsport Chic

Anyone else been following D/S Chic's story over at Adventure Rider? Man what a sorry assed affair those CT beuracratic dickheads are puting her through. Ifeel terrible for her. I've read that RX3 thread since its inception and she was full of excitement and joy when she placed her order and then got the bike......hate to see her entire experience crash and burn like that....what a damn shame!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-15-2016, 09:26 PM   #2

Have not seen it, but then again, have not been on ADVrider for a while. Can you link it here so I don't have to search through miles and miles of BMW/KTM banter to find it?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Have not seen it, but then again, have not been on ADVrider for a while. Can you link it here so I don't have to search through miles and miles of BMW/KTM banter to find it?
Post 2928 .....but the trouble obviously started a few days prior....

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...07040/page-147

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #4

Here's a better starting point ...post 2797

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...#post-29349608

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #5

Not much can be said. I would hope csc is working on this for ds Chic
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Not much can be said. I would hope csc is working on this for ds Chic
Not much they can do according to the posts in the forum...its just terribly unfortunate and unnecessary. If the bikes pass DOT and CARB then it should be automatic...

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #7

Just saw this thread - thanks for the love gang - it is much appreciated. I took the weekend off from this dilemma to decompress. Covered a great antique motorcycle show at Thompson Speedway with some other friends from the press and watched an open class track day at the same time.

As both DMV and CSC are closed on Monday, I'll take it back up on Tuesday - first with the DMV leadership, and then reconnect with CSC based upon what I hear.

I don't want other CT buyers to have to go through this - that's why I am still researching the issue and trying to work towards finding an easier path to registration for my fellow in State buyers of Zongshen products.

More to come - so stay tuned!
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 05-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #8

That 2300 dollar 2 year manufacturer fee is eye opening. All about the Benjamin's.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #9

All the stupid BS seems to come from the east coast OR California. Register it in Vermont and the heck with CT....

Old 05-16-2016, 11:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
That 2300 dollar 2 year manufacturer fee is eye opening. All about the Benjamin's.
follow the money ... ehh BB ? always come down to that dont it! To me this makes as much sense as a state saying they will not license red cars - no matter the DOT/CARB certs ...no matter the vehicle meets all the equipment and safety standards for the given state ... NOPE - no registration for you - now go away and be a good little revenue generator for the state coffers.

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-16-2016, 12:02 PM   #11

As a side note, if you RX3 guys plan something in the western NC or north GA area to get toghether, let me know!

Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
All the stupid BS seems to come from the east coast OR California. Register it in Vermont and the heck with CT....
The only upside of CA is that they put the burden on the dealer to register the bikes or cars, new or used. That way the dealer knows in advance what can and cannot be sold here so this type of thing doesn't occur. Also, most every DMV has an inspector plus, any LEO of any type can sign off the inspection form. There was a discrepancy on the VIN# of my Q Link (the dealer wrote it wrong) and I had a Game Warden sign it off!

If I understand correctly, the issue with DS Chic is not that she can't register the RX3, it's that CT is requiring an inspection and only has two inspection stations in the entire state??? Is that correct? It's absurd that they even require an inspection for a bike that's both DOT and CARB certified.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #13

You are correct 2LZ - the bikes will all need to go through an inspection process and must be trailered to one of the two DMV locations that have been designated for them. However, there remains the question as to how all the other manufacturers have been able to get on the State's 'approved' list - even those with no distributor network within CT. This is what my question will be to the DMV tomorrow. Once we know that, perhaps we can gain some traction on making it easier for all the other potential CT buyers of Zongshen products - which is in the best interest of CSC as well.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 05-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic View Post
You are correct 2LZ - the bikes will all need to go through an inspection process and must be trailered to one of the two DMV locations that have been designated for them. However, there remains the question as to how all the other manufacturers have been able to get on the State's 'approved' list - even those with no distributor network within CT. This is what my question will be to the DMV tomorrow. Once we know that, perhaps we can gain some traction on making it easier for all the other potential CT buyers of Zongshen products - which is in the best interest of CSC as well.
I don't recall ... is there a charge for the inspection? Also .....did they go ahead and collect local sales tax and titling fees?

― Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-16-2016, 02:43 PM   #15

I thought csaddict had a post on advrider that it was on the list but dmv had trouble finding it