Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #1

Fire Alarm Reminder

Sad news and a reminder for everyone... check and replace your Fire Alarm battery yearly (unless it has the 10 year internal Lithium Battery)... and also replace the entire Alarm every 10 years to (help) keep you and your loved ones safe

It's still early and little information has been released*, but a nice family that lives behind my parents house in Cheyenne had a house fire, 2 are dead is all that is being reported right now... road in front of the house is closed/taped off and several Fire Marshals are on scene is what pops told me

When our family first moved into the house up the hill (almost 20 years ago when I was 12), I would ride my motorcycles/dirt bike around the neighborhood going to friends houses and I would go past their house several times over the years, if they were outside they would always wave and have a smile on their face... couldn't say the same for the rest of the neighbors with my "Loud pipes saves lives" theory lost count of the times I had to talk to the Sheriff thanks to the other neighbors

* Fire started around 1am this morning, started on one side of the house, spread to the roof and the rest of the house quickly.

Stay safe everyone, (again) please remember to replace the batteries yearly and the alarm every 10 years... have an escape plan for the family... practice said escape plan... have a slightly higher chance to live another day

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #2

I have a habit of replacing the batteries on Daylight savings time every year. Also those who have a gas furnace should have a carbon monoxide detector and replace that battery every year too. I also shut off the gas to the furnace after winter so that I have to light the pilot light and check the heat exchange for cracks before using every year.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-29-2017, 10:53 PM   #3

Noticed my co / smoke alarm suddenly would not work a few years ago even after fresh batteries. It was programmed to quit working after 7 years so had to replace it. Just an fyi.

Cooking fires and what I call cold front fires where space heaters cause the fire are a big cause around here seems. Amazingly enough there are about 5 -10 people killed in fires daily in the us.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~