Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2015, 11:43 PM   #3826

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
My red RX3 arrived this morning! It looks awesome in red with the 19" wheel and shinko 804/805s. Pics when I get home if it's not raining too hard.

Everything I ordered was either installed on the bike or secured in the crate and all I have to install is the windshield and mirrors. Then I'm going to go over the bike with a fine-toothed comb.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the ignition key supposed to match the luggage? I got two sets of keys, one for the ignition & seat release and the other that fits the side and top boxes.

2. The tires need to be inflated. Is there a way to keep wrinkles out of the tubes when I fill it up? On my mtn bike, I dust new tubes with talc or clean dirt. I think I'll fully inflate, partially deflate and then fully inflate again.

3. Does anyone else hear the chain rub when moving the bike around? It's quiet for about half the travel but there's a scraping noise for the other half. Pretty sure it's on the chain side, but I'll check again in case it's the brake. The chain guard above the chain doesn't touch, but the chain does rest on a plastic guide on the swingarm. So maybe a little noise is normal.

Maybe related, I noticed the rear wheel isn't set to the same alignment marks on each side (though I know that may be normal too), so I'll have to check that.

Overall the bike looks awesome. I can't wait to ride it!
1. My ignition key also opens luggage and seat. The other keys only open luggage.

2. Your bikes came with flat tires? I use talc on mt tubes too.

3. My bike does not make any rubbing noises when I push it around the garage. I think it would be very unusual for the alignment marks not to be equal on both sides. Better call CSC about that.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 07-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #3827

Quote:
...I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the ignition key supposed to match the luggage? I got two sets of keys, one for the ignition & seat release and the other that fits the side and top boxes...
The ignition key is different from the luggage key. I also have two sets of keys.

Quote:
2. The tires need to be inflated. Is there a way to keep wrinkles out of the tubes when I fill it up? On my mtn bike, I dust new tubes with talc or clean dirt. I think I'll fully inflate, partially deflate and then fully inflate again...
When I mount new tires, I also put talcum powder on the inner tube, and inside the tire. However, I think you have a good plan to fully inflate, partially deflate, and then fully inflate the tires again.

Quote:
3. Does anyone else hear the chain rub when moving the bike around? It's quiet for about half the travel but there's a scraping noise for the other half. Pretty sure it's on the chain side, but I'll check again in case it's the brake. The chain guard above the chain doesn't touch, but the chain does rest on a plastic guide on the swingarm. So maybe a little noise is normal.

Maybe related, I noticed the rear wheel isn't set to the same alignment marks on each side (though I know that may be normal too), so I'll have to check that...
I don't hear any obnoxious noise from the drive chain when I move my bike around. Indeed, I think the noise and the different alignment of the rear axle adjusters might be related. I suggest you remove the caps covering the swingarm bolt, and measure the distance from the center of the swingarm bolt to the center of the rear axle on both sides of the bike.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-08-2015, 01:21 AM   #3828

Here are some pics of the bike fresh out of the crate before I went to work. It was too late and wet to work on it tonight, but I'll get it sorted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RX3_uncrated1a.jpg (51.7 KB, 439 views)
File Type: jpg RX3_uncrated2a.jpg (44.0 KB, 421 views)

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 07-08-2015, 01:27 AM   #3829

Thanks for posting the photos. The red bikes do look nice.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #3830

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Thanks for posting the photos. The red bikes do look nice.
Thanks! I'm partial to red. Here's one of my Vstrom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vstrom650_trail.jpg (65.3 KB, 275 views)

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 07-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #3831

Quote:
My red RX3 arrived this morning!
Congrats! I'm quite envious.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #3832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Mouse View Post
These literally help fund the next cool projects that come out of my shop exclusively for the Cyclone. (Like the prototype center stand is days away from being fit up)
Welcome! Thanks for joining us. I think your funding idea is very clever.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #3833

Key fob

It's a small point but since I ordered 2 (a blue one and a white one because I have 2 bikes), shouldn't that count as 2 out of the 50 required? I'm listed as 1 out of the 50 needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco Mouse View Post
Hey Spud...

Glad you like the key chain. I really am pleased in the way they turned out. Took a long time to draw that up, and then re-draw it in a way that the manufacturer needed in order to make the molds.

To anyone interested in getting one or a couple for your RX3, you can pre-pay for them here: http://cyclonerx3.com/RX3/MERCH_3.html

I'm running this as a mini-crowd funding drive. I need at least 50 people to sign up for them before I can give the manufacturer the go ahead. I've already paid for the mold, obviously, the art charge and the ridiculous air freight to get 8 samples in my hands.

Now I have to pay for the production run, which unfortunately has rather high minimums. After 50 people commit to these, I'm willing to meet the other half and freight charges.

If you are wanting to see the running list of who's signed up, I keep that up to date here: http://cyclone-rx3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32

As of right now we've got 9 people committed to buying these.

There isn't any risk of these not being made, I've already invested too much time and money for them not to happen. And the manufacture bugs me every few days to see if I've collected all the money yet!

Anyway, I appreciate the support. These literally help fund the next cool projects that come out of my shop exclusively for the Cyclone. (Like the prototype center stand is days away from being fit up)

Old 07-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #3834

It kinda does count as 2, and I suppose the official number could be closer to 15, But I'm really just shooting for 50 people's interest in the product. As there is almost 200 bikes sold in North America as of this post. So, getting 50 people shouldn't be too hard, one would think.

Obviously, I'm not counting the one I'm going to get and the one for my GF, and I did promise Biker Scout one since he's been helping with graphic design.

But if we start to push high 40s, I'll probably go ahead and place the order anyway.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:38 AM   #3835

Had a Chat With Gerry Edwards

I had a minor tech question on my RX3 and contacted CSC last week, leading to a call from their new Service Manager Gerry Edwards.

Right from the start of the conversation, Gerry was interested in my total RX3 experience, and also asked great questions to help him politely assess my level of mechanical aptitude. He talked through the specific tech issue I was having, offered some tips and expressed willingness to send additional parts if the issue persisted. He also took the time to point out some additional technical information on the RX3.

I don't know if Gerry will always have the time to spend with customers as he did with me, but he is a great addition to the CSC team and adds to my confidence in my RX3 purchase.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #3836

pivot pedal mount pikipoos

Added pikipoos of the pivot pedal mount machining process. Enjoy, rj

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...483#post188483

Old 07-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #3837

Shameless blurb and ordering info for the pivot pedal mounts. rj

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=14905&page=2

Old 07-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #3838

In June I rode my RX3 on a two-day trip to Grand Teton National Park. If you are interested, here is a link to my ride review, posted at China Riders.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...d=1#post188498

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 07-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #3839

Beautiful pics Spud. Were you on gravel most of the way coming and going? Was your tent packed inside the trunk? Looks like you had enough storage for the trip. rj

Old 07-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #3840

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Beautiful pics Spud. Were you on gravel most of the way coming and going? Was your tent packed inside the trunk? Looks like you had enough storage for the trip. rj
I can ride off road about 95 percent of the way from home to the Wyoming border. Then I ride 36 miles on pavement to Jackson.

I do the same as you, and strap my tent on top of the pillion saddle, in front of my J.C. Whitney Travel Trunk. Indeed, I had lots of storage available. The RX3 is a lot of fun to ride; I just wish it had a better shock absorber.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220