Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2021, 05:48 PM   #1

Toatoa Rhino 250 chain roller tensioner trouble

Hi guys. I have a really silly question. My Rhino 250 (2021 model) did not have the roller chain tensioner installed. I do have the roller and spring. There’s a spot it slides onto but I can’t figure out how to install it so the spring applies tension. There’s nothing for the spring to grab onto. Would anyone be willing to explain to me where the spring goes? Maybe even a picture of yours. I’m just trying to install it as it should be without modifying the atv already. Thanks guys! Really appreciate the help.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #2

chain

if there is a store near you... you can check theirs out... and take pics.. then you will remember how it goes... I tell people when they screw up... remove them and just keep the chain tight,... do nto bother to buy another one.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:59 PM   #3

Hey, thank you for the reply! I will do that. I ordered mine from Texas. I’m In New England. There aren’t any stores that sell this type atv near me. But I’ll give it a shot. I’m a machinist by trade. You’d think I’d be able to figure this out.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:13 PM   #4

When mine was new I deleted the tensioner. The noise was annoying and it didn't have a purpose except for taking the slack out of a misadjusted chain. Much better to put a rubber pad on the swing arm similar to that used by most dirt bikes. I just used a piece of an old serpentine belt and a hose clamp along with sliding a piece of rubber fuel line over the tensioner pivot stud. Has worked great for over 1000 hours.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
When mine was new I deleted the tensioner. The noise was annoying and it didn't have a purpose except for taking the slack out of a misadjusted chain. Much better to put a rubber pad on the swing arm similar to that used by most dirt bikes. I just used a piece of an old serpentine belt and a hose clamp along with sliding a piece of rubber fuel line over the tensioner pivot stud. Has worked great for over 1000 hours.
That’s perfect. Bolts were or came loose which hold the chain tight in the rear. I can squeeze the chain and the rear end will move causing slack in my chain. One of two I bolts that adjusts tension to the chain is broke. I have new ones coming. I’ll get that squared away and add a pc of delrin as a guide for the chain like you’re saying. Thanks for the insight!