Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #1

Greetings from Ohio, USA

Hi to Everyone from around the world. I ride a KLR650 for adventure riding and am looking for a new bike for riding in the back woods. The new Chinese bikes might just be the ticket.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #2

Welcome! KLR's pretty much set the affordable brand name standard in adventure touring. My new JetMoto should be here this week. Watch for updates. If your expectations are reasonable you should be happy with one of these bikes.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 09-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #3

Blimpman, for riding the back roads, a Chinese bike is the (cheap) ticket. Try www.t-motorsports.com for some low prices on the Shineray or Lifans as a start. I set up Jetmotogroup which can be linked from this site and have a decent links area to find manufacturers and retailers. Look through the past and current threads, and just ask questions. Welcome to here!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
I wish I could afford a KLR 650, but I also hear they can be a little heavy for off road. (I am a Kaw fan ). But I do enjoy my Lifan.
A China bike just might be the ticket for you.
If you want one all put together and set up, Bruce and Endless Journey Cycles in Ohio might be fairly close for you.
http://www.geocities.com/ejcycles99/...neyCycles.html
He will set it up and check it out. Also you won't have any issues with getting an MSO from him.
Welcome!

Old 09-23-2006, 10:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlunt
I wish I could afford a KLR 650, but I also hear they can be a little heavy for off road.
Thanks for the welcome!! Yes the KLR will go anywhere in the world. The only limitation is the rider. It is truly the best bike I have ever owned. BUT... It is a little top heavy for the tight single track that I sometimes like to ride in southern Ohio. I am not a good enough rider to be proficient enough to take the KLR thru that AND have fun doing it. I ride my wifes XT225 and the weight is great for that kind of riding but it's "her" bike... I figure I can get one pretty close to it for about 25% of the price. I can turn a wrench pretty well so maintenance and special care that a Chinese bike requires is not a problem at all. I have been looking all across the internet trying to find information on these bikes and I think the best place so far is here. Looks like the days are numbered for my cruiser bike...

Cheers

Old 09-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #6

Welcome, Blimpman! I am sure by now you have learned by reading the posts here that many of us believe that dollar for dollar a Chinabike can't be beat--at least not at the current prices! I am very pleased with my Lifan. Light and nimble on trails, rideable on the highway, and purrs like a kitten.

Old 09-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
( MBD.... Multiple Bike Disease...)

Old 09-27-2006, 02:29 AM   #8

Welcome blimpman. I live in your neck of the woods. Grew up here, left for ten years while serving in the Air Force, but returned after some uncontrollable circumstances. I have a ebay clone that I bought last Dec. I have some pics here in the gallery. Also a garage set up on ThumperTalk. Link...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/member.php?u=81659

I bought this bike and two 125cc pitbikes for my kids. Trying to teach them to ride. I've been looking for someone local to ride with. If interested PM me. Sure would be cool to ride with someone else that will have a China bike. I have some videos that I took while riding my GY. Have a look you may reconize the area. The trails vid was taken in the back of Waterworks. Links...

Trip to folks.

Trip back home.

Trails.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #9

Hello from NE Ohio

I have been riding since 11 (now38) and have always ridden the "big four".
However, I cannot stomach the high prices and am now looking into Chinese
Quads and bikes.