Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #16

I don't understand what the hold up is. I called my vendor (LintoPowersports) when ours arrived and gave him the vin numbers. I was able to get the "watermarked" MCO within a week.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 01-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #17

NO :evil: :evil: I am very disappointed I'm going to give it till Friday then Im calling back for the 3rd time and things are gonna be ugly I already am in the process of filing BBB claim against Ricky may add Roketa to the list. I wish I would have bought from a dealer 500 dollars more but at least I would have something I could ride on the road now I recieved it Nov 1 and I have about 20 miles riding my smallish yard and some trails I have to haul the bike to. Anyway keep me informed on your status and will do the same .
Thanks Ray

Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #18

VFRFLYER how long ago did Reese say she was sending your out? i'm waiting for mine and i called last tuesday. should i plan on riding my bike this weekend or driving up to see Rickey?

Old 01-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #19

I talked to Reese on 12/28/06 so Friday is the 10 mail traveling day I think. because of Fords funeral and all. they act like it was going in the mail that day. really should not take that long to come from Ca to SC. unless it is by snailback maybe they have there on delivery by china bike so that why they say 10 days LOL unless they break down then who knows. Anyway let me know how it goes. I still have fingers crossed
Good Luck

Old 01-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #20

yeah she made it sound like mine was going into the mail that day as well. i hope i get it before friday. i want to get it registered and ride it over the weekend. the new spriket should be here tomorrow so she'll be road worthy.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #21

Same here guys. Reese got my info last Wed. Also made it sound like it was going out that afternoon. I am calling when I get home from work today and verifying that the MCO was indeed sent. I'll update tomorrow. Maybe you guys could call too and put a little pressure on them?? Strength in numbers! It's freakin rediculous we have to go through this just to be able to use the bikes. :evil:

Old 01-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #22

Unless I had some bad information, you can ride it for up to 45 days in SC before registering. You do have to have proof of insurance and the bill of sale with you if you get stopped or in an accident.

I didn't wait for my MCO. In fact, I think I had about 300miles on mine by the time I got my MCO.

Jason

Old 01-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy250
Unless I had some bad information, you can ride it for up to 45 days in SC before registering. You do have to have proof of insurance and the bill of sale with you if you get stopped or in an accident.

I didn't wait for my MCO. In fact, I think I had about 300miles on mine by the time I got my MCO.

Jason
So you can ride for 45 days with NO plate on the machine?? Not here in VT.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #24

Most people who buy a new bike have some sort of paper tag from the dealer that would have the shop logo on it or something. But the tag is not the important thing. Here you have to show ownership (bill of sale) and proof of insurance if you get stopped. The 45 days is the "grace period". I have never waited that long, but the option is there to ride until you get it registered through the DMV.

All I can say is I guess things are bit more relaxed here in the south.

Another point of interest is that we no longer have annual vehicle inspections. This was done away with about 10-12 years ago. So, there is no emissions testing or db readings for straight pipe Harley riders either. You can still get ticketed for an unsafe vehicle and broken tail lights and such, but no annual inspection.

Jason

Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #25

I guess in NC the process goes much smoother.

Dec 25-placed order for bike
Jan 4-received bike and put together
Jan 5-requested MSO
Jan 9-recieved MSO from XXX-motorsports
Jan 9-got liability from Geico on the bike, no problems
Jan 10-went to NC DMV and got plate for it, no problems

Here is the next few days I will be going for an inspection. My experience has been smooth with the MSO and registering it and all.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #26

Now see Roketarider thats how it should be for all the internet chinabike transactions, but once again murphys law applys double to my life sheeeesh. anyway good for you.
BTW Fatboy250 it used to be a 45 day grace but recently it has been changed you are supposed to get temp tag from DMV or the real thing but NO tag will get you a ticket now in SC I know but even the judge didnt know about the New statue it was funny he said I didnt know about it and I am a traffic court judge. so he let me off with no fine. I did have all the proper paperwork just hadnt had time to go to DMV. This was on another vehicle last Nov. Oh and the temp tag has the same requirements as a regular tag just cost less hmmm go figure huh

It has nothing to do with SC vs NC it is the dealer we bought from is not doing what he is supposed to. he just takes the mone and sends a bike thats it. Oh and BS and lie on the phone if he answers it

Ray

Old 01-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #27

ah ok, good luck with your dealer. I went with XXX solely because of their customer service.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #28

VFR,
I hear ya! Man, I'm sorry to hear you getting the run around. I suppose you could do like me and use a tag from another bike until everything works itself out. I'll admit to that. :roll: I used my '95 Concours tag until I got everything from the DMV. I figured if I got stopped it wouldn't be a big deal trying to explain it to the officer. The bike being insured(and it was) is the biggest thing. At least that's the way I see it.

BTW, when you do get everything worked out you need to call me and we all could go for a ride. Dad and I go most every weekend. A bit of a warning though, we ride them hard!! Usually 95+% WOT for extended periods of time when we are on long stretches. And we occasionally drag race(just us two) not other motorcycles or cars.

Jason

Old 01-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2003
Same here guys. Reese got my info last Wed. Also made it sound like it was going out that afternoon. I am calling when I get home from work today and verifying that the MCO was indeed sent. I'll update tomorrow. Maybe you guys could call too and put a little pressure on them?? Strength in numbers! It's freakin rediculous we have to go through this just to be able to use the bikes. :evil:
i just called and she said she sent it out the next day. it should be here by the end of the week she said. i really want it tomorrow so i can get it registered friday during lunch. this weekend is suppossed to be nice and i have company coming into town and i'd like to be able to ride it over to meet them.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #30

I got the MCO for mu Lifan QP100 dirtbike yesterday. Has type vehicle as a motorcycle.
Also got my Tank 200 dualsport MCO. That has type of vehicle as a dirtbike!
Talked to the dealer, he said as long as I get it inspected by DMV that it will be able to be registered. The other Tank200 he has on the floor did pass DMV inspection