Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #1

Where's the VIN on my DB-05?

I just received my brand new Roketa DB-05 from XXX-Motorsports.

Can someone tell me where the VIN is located on the frame. I've only found a plaque that has "Emissions Control Information"

I have a Certificate of Origin with a VIN, but I can't find it on the bike.

Also, these bikes are supposed to be EPA/DOT approved. Should that also be stated on the bike somewhere? :?

Old 09-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #2

Usually they're on the frame, on the steering post between the top and bottom triple trees.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 09-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #3

OK found it. Covered in grease, so was hard to see.

Thanks, Frostbite.

But no mention of DOT/EPA approval anywhere :?

Old 10-29-2006, 09:30 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to amc31b Send a message via Yahoo to amc31b
My DMV is giving me problems because of that dmn plaque! The inspector is trying to say because it says "meets us EPA standards for 2006 model year dirt bikes" Means it's a dirt bike and nothing else, Hence not street legal. If I cant get this thing registered next year because of it, I might have to sell the bike :(

Old 10-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc31b
My DMV is giving me problems because of that dmn plaque! The inspector is trying to say because it says "meets us EPA standards for 2006 model year dirt bikes" Means it's a dirt bike and nothing else, Hence not street legal. If I cant get this thing registered next year because of it, I might have to sell the bike :(
I wonder, if you went to your local bike shop, couldnt you order certain decals to replace the ones that pressure washed off your bike? Perhaps even online, from a OE parts house?

Just thinkin'out loud...

Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #6

The peice that says that is a metal plaque rivited to the frame of the bike near the engine!

Old 11-01-2006, 09:44 AM   #7

I had heard that about the 05's. My 7a says motorcycle and thats all. Which is weird cause the 05 looks less like a dirtbike than the 07a.
Joe
<li>2007 Roketa&nbsp;RSX-E 200<br />03 Kawasaki mule 3010 620cc&nbsp;4x4 utv<br />02 Polaris Trailblazer 250cc 2 stroker<br />06 Roketa RTU-90 ATV<br />06 Roketa Bermuda 150cc Scooter<br />05 3500 Dodge/Cummins&

Old 11-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #8

Thats weird, my DB-05 metal plate says motorcycle. But mine is a 2005.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:47 AM   #9

Yeah, you know I heard other people saying that their 2005 did say motorcycle on it. When I first started looking at these bikes all the websites that sold them had big blinkies saying "DOT/Street Legal", Now they dont. Maybe something happened with roketa since and they are no longer considered street legal. I think I almost have the issue figured out with these bikes. Once I nail it, i'll post a new thread on it.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc31b
My DMV is giving me problems because of that dmn plaque!
does the DMV in your state actually look at your bike and/or do they do the "inspections"?

funny thing, since i was clueless, i just took my official looking MSO, Bill of Sale, and proof of insurance to the local DMV, and they issued my plates with no questions or hesitation at all....then afterwards i found out i also needed to have the bike inspected to be street legal...so i took it to a local Firestone for the inspection, and while chatting with the guy, i mentioned the bike was already plated and registered...he was surprised because he said usually the bike is inspected FIRST before it can get plates....hmmmm 8O

anyway, i didn't have them do the inspection then because the guy couldn't find a place to put the inspection sticker, assuming the bike passed....so i told him i'd figure something out & come back at a later date

i've been busy with other things and it's been a couple of months and i still haven't gone back....does anyone think looking at the plaque is part of the inspection?? :?

Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #11

Depending on what your plaque says.. for VIN purposes I would steer them to the VIN# stamped on the side of your steering column on the frame.. and hope they get what they need. By the way Texas has not been a big problem.. for these bikes.. long as you have all the lights signals etc. you should be good to go. at an inspection.

NET