Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl6935 View Post
Oh okay, thanks!

Which rubber pieces are used on the front fender and are large flat washer used on the the fender?

It Looks like somebody on the assembly line just a handful of bolts and washers in a zip lock bag.

Thanks
Yes, a large flat washer and a rubber washer should be used with the bolts for the front fender. I can't really help identify the rubber washer, they just seemed to fit the best. Mine were the same size as the metal washer, and we actually on the bolt already.

And yes, there is no care taken with the hardware that goes in that bag. Mine included 2 dozen metal grommets that I had no idea what to do with. They are still sitting on my work bench.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:50 AM   #62

Quote:
Haha... if anything I get a sh*t load of laughs on this site. Did you ever see motocheeze videos on YouTube... funny as hell.

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty much finished putting it together with the exception of the fender, headlight, side panels, etc. what the hell is in that little jug with the tube in the parts box?

Do they put oil in these bikes? I haven't checked to see if there was any in there yet.

I've been thinking... you know what china needs to do to get people to be more excepting of their products?

Attention to detail! They need to pay attention to the smsall things like assebly instructions, more washers to fill sloppy gaps... take that brake pedal for instance. You can pull that thing in and out about a half an inch... lol

Ok I'm done for tonight
Thanks !
The bike comes with so called oil in it but don't run it for a long period on it. warm it up then drain it out and replace with oil designed for wet clutch. You can pick some up at Wally world. That jug is battery acid. Put it in the battery and let set for at least an hour to activate it before putting it on a slow charge.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #63

Thanks guys!

Anyone no how to determine the year of the bike. Without the title in hand I don't know the year 2016, 2017 ?

Does the vin tell any info?

Trying to insure it through geico

Old 03-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #64

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Anyone no how to determine the year of the bike. Without the title in hand I don't know the year 2016, 2017 ?

Does the vin tell any info?

Trying to insure it through geico
My guess would be 2016. I just got mine and that's what mine is.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
My guess would be 2016. I just got mine and that's what mine is.
Is that right? There's another bit of....mis-information, if you will...They have been advertising the Enforcer as a 2017 model. WTF.

https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/mcd/6032552213.html

I got my refund today, but I need to think long & hard about whether or not I really want one of these now. It's like how many warning signs do I need????

Of course, mine was supposedly shipped last week...Yeah sure it was.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #66

There's a lot a shady sh*t these dealers pull to sell these bikes... unreal.

My buddy said that I'd buying a Japanese bike next to avoid this kind crap. He may be right.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #67

I have a feeling I'd be a lot better off buying a Jap bike. I can buy a brand new Honda 250 dual sport for 5k. It will need absolutely nothing to enjoy completely stock. I could use it for 5 years and still get 4k for it used. (because it will still be mint). Total cost for 5 years of use, $1,000 (plus basic maintenance)

Or I could buy a China bike for $1,500, put a few mods to it, and in 5 years it might be worth $500. It might actually cost MORE to own the China bike in the long run.

Plus I really don't like being lied too

Old 03-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
I have a feeling I'd be a lot better off buying a Jap bike. I can buy a brand new Honda 250 dual sport for 5k. It will need absolutely nothing to enjoy completely stock. I could use it for 5 years and still get 4k for it used. (because it will still be mint). Total cost for 5 years of use, $1,000 (plus basic maintenance)

Or I could buy a China bike for $1,500, put a few mods to it, and in 5 years it might be worth $500. It might actually cost MORE to own the China bike in the long run.

Plus I really don't like being lied too
If you have the finances to buy a $5k Honda, then I would definitely do so. I would have, if I had $5k to spend on a bike. But, I didn't. I wanted to spend as little as possible because I won't be using it a ton, and I have 2 kids and a wife to spoil.

I'd buy a Honda if you can swing it.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #69

Don't get me wrong! I like the hawk 250 so far though I haven't finished putting together yet, it still look good for the money I spent. I just don't like the crap that come with it... ie, the registration shananagins and the somewhat crappy customer service.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #70

"I wanted to spend as little as possible because I won't be using it a ton"

That was exactly my thinking, and I don't mind tinkering on things, although dependability is important.

I don't have a wife and kids and so the money is less of an issue, but I'm practical too...and as i have said, at my age and with a bad back I don't even know IF I can ride. I can still ride a mountain bike so I assume I can, but....like a China bike, who knows My 11 year old Kawasaki 650 ATV has under 500 miles on it I believe!

I'm going to have lunch and think about it & then return their call and see what other good news they have for me.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:46 PM   #71

I understand your consideration of a brand name bike, but the beauty of these bikes is the cost to quality--they have more than exceeded that level since they started coming on strong in the mid-2000s (which gave rise to this forum and the group that spun off this one, mychinamoto). Back then, no one knew much of anything about these bikes, so they were essentially throwaway bikes, but once the Lifan GY200-5 came out in the later 2000s (starting around 2006ish) and was probably one of the first '49-state legal' (Californians need not apply even back then) Chinese endure with some built-in quality, these bikes are perfect for the more casual rider; such as commuters, and people desiring less intense trail riding.

Brand name bikes for most require a commitment as most of us would need to finance one of those. In other words, a $5k bike ends up being much more due to interest, and the down payment on one of those would be about the cash price of a Chinese bike. I have to say; once the Hawks came on strong, the prices have nudged up, as these were $1200 bikes last year vs. $1500 to 1700 bikes nowadays. Hopefully a bike to bike competition, such as the Hawk vs. the Enforcer will cause a price war, or at least a battle.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #72

I finally got the bike put together with a few extra screws in the bag.
I started the bike without the battery in it, it took several kicks to get it going, but it eventually started... runs pretty good too. I'll take it up and down the street tomorrow once I get the battery in it. I'm gonna throw it on the trickle charger tonight.

I put insurance on it, so once I get the title I'm gonna see if I can get past the local DMV here. I'm hoping they see the congqing on the title and not pay attention to whats after that... lol.

I'll be bumbed if I can't register it, it's a real nice bike for the money... we will see what happens most likely next week.

If I can't register it maybe I'll just sell it and get a Brozz. Is that bike legal or is that a fiasco as well?

I took pictures, but don't feel like joining photobucket to post them because I assume we can't upload them from our devices onto this site server.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #73

A 2016 honda is 4999+330 destination fee+ 300 dealer assembly fee+6.35% tax ($300). out the door is 6,000. I was shocked and told the dealer that was a little steep for something I'm not sure how much I will use, because I haven't ridden in 25 years.

I'm into my Hawk for $1,500. It was a fantastic purchase. I have had a bunch of experienced riders take it for a spin and they can't believe what a bargain it is. I let anyone ride it cuz it was only $1,500. I rip wheelies on it cuz if I crash it it was only $1,500. If I drive it in the woods and scuff it up, oh well it was only $1,500. If I laid out 6 large I don't think I would have this much fun because I would be worried about my 6K outlay.

Registration is very important though. Make sure you can register it before you buy it. I went the VT route because they register the hawk regardless where you live.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
I'm into my Hawk for $1,500. It was a fantastic purchase. I have had a bunch of experienced riders take it for a spin and they can't believe what a bargain it is. I let anyone ride it cuz it was only $1,500. I rip wheelies on it cuz if I crash it it was only $1,500. If I drive it in the woods and scuff it up, oh well it was only $1,500. If I laid out 6 large I don't think I would have this much fun because I would be worried about my 6K outlay.
Well put, and I totally agree. Actually, I don't want anyone to ride my $1200 bike...Can't imagine how I'd be if I spent $6000. I would probably prohibit myself from riding it

Old 03-22-2017, 11:11 PM   #75

Would I physically have to go to Vermont to register the bike or can it be done via snail mail? I think someone said South Dakota will do everything via mail. I guess that's an option too. I wonder why they would allow that if you're not a resident...