Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #31

Thanks for the details!. Nice bike. A little different than the typicall GY2's.
Wider seat looks like a plus. No phoney graphix that I noticed, that is a plus. Tank cover looks better than mine.
Rear tail light looks a little odd.
Your pics do look better than Tim's.
Are these left over bikes maufactured in 2007? If so it puts them the same age as the HiBirds.

Looks like a GREAT bike at a terrific price.
Congratulations!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #32

That looks great! I told Mrs. 2LZ last night that if those get Green Stickered here....I may need to order one.

Boy....there is lots more power locked inside there with the proper adjustments and upgrades. I have an exact, extra muffler laying in my side yard is you ever need one!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #33

hensim

Love that bike , I also thought the taillight is extremely strange looking and doesn't fit the great appearance of the rest of the bike . Could definitely use the DRC edge2 LED taillight,I have had 2 of them so far on different bikes and they work great.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #34

This is making my decesion so difficult! I am relly stuck between the two... zong or this hensim. grrrrrr

Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #35

hensim

melissann, can you live with the green?

Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #36

Re: hensim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
I don't think it matches her apparal :?

Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #37

Re: hensim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
green is my favorite color actually...

Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #38

Quote:
green is my favorite color actually...
I forgot to mention the bike does come with a decal set. The stickers are yellow and black, and it looks like they can be arranged in a number of designs. So far the solid green has grown on me, so I'm leaving the decals off.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #39

I took a 30 mile ride today, and got the bike inspected. It's running great, and the transmission shifts perfectly. I took it to St. Louis Powersports for the inspection, and checked out the bikes while I was there. The Hensim 250 looks a lot like the Kawasaki KLX 250. Only $4,000 cheaper.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/pro...ns.aspx?id=416

Old 05-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr99
I took a 30 mile ride today, and got the bike inspected. It's running great, and the transmission shifts perfectly. I took it to St. Louis Powersports for the inspection, and checked out the bikes while I was there. The Hensim 250 looks a lot like the Kawasaki KLX 250. Only $4,000 cheaper.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/pro...ns.aspx?id=416
So do you notice the extra 33cc? I am always curious cause one part of me thinks you wouldnt notice that much of a differece between a 200cc and a 233cc...

Old 05-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #41

I wish the decals would have been a customer option on my bike. They clear coated over them and it looks bad if you remoove them.

I would entertain the thought of finding some Kawasawki decals minus the ones that actually say "Kawasawki".

Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #42

Quote:
So do you notice the extra 33cc? I am always curious cause one part of me thinks you wouldnt notice that much of a differece between a 200cc and a 233cc...
Absolutely! That's a 15% increase in displacement. You can actually see the difference in engine size if you compare it to a 200GY. I still think a 400 would be a better size for me, but this Hensim engine is very high quality. You can't beat it for the money. I plan to post a more detailed review, next week when I have spent a bit more time riding it.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr99
Absolutely! That's a 15% increase in displacement. You can actually see the difference in engine size if you compare it to a 200GY. I still think a 400 would be a better size for me, but this Hensim engine is very high quality. You can't beat it for the money. I plan to post a more detailed review, next week when I have spent a bit more time riding it.
I will await your more detailed review

Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #44

With Mother's Day this past weekend, I didn't get to do much with my bike. Now it's cold and raining again, so any real ride report will be delayed.

I can give some detailed positives and negatives about the Hensim 250 after putting about 100 miles on it.

1. The engine is excellent. A bit cold blooded when first started, but virtually all 4 strokes are. Once warm, the thing will idle all day long, and pulls much harder than the 200GY engines. Electric start works great, but I used the kick starter just for grins to try it out. To my surprise it started on the first kick while cold. In my experience most Jap bikes start on the second kick. I give the engine an A+.

2. Transmission shifts smooth, precise and positive. Feels just like any Jap bike I've driven. A bit difficult to get into neutral while the engine is running and cold, but improves when warmed up. I expect this to improve quite a bit as the tranny gets broken in. I give it a solid B.

3. Front forks are superior with about 6 inches of travel. They are plush while hopping curbs, and over rough terrain, and give just the right amount of road feel on the pavement. I have tried to bottom them out without success. I will see how they do when really pressed off-road, but they seem very progressive for stock springs. A+

4. Rear shock... Well the specs say about 2 inches, and they may be right. I don't think this is because of travel though, it just has a very strong spring. I ended up taking the pre-load all the way to the bottom, and it is still a bit stiff for my taste. It does seem to be loosening up after some use, but takes away any comfort gained by the wide seat. I expect the rear shock will do well in rough off-road situations, but it's too stiff for good long distance comfort. C-

5. Brakes are really nice for a bike in this price range. Much larger discs than I expected, and the double piston calipers give you more stopping power than you will need. Just the right amount of proportional control helps for quick stops without locking the brakes, but have plenty of power to do so if you wish. As with most brakes, the front has much more power than the rear. Front A, rear B+.

6. Controls are much better than expected. Maybe not up to the quality of top Jap bikes, but work perfectly and are right where they should be. High beam is surprisingly bright for a bargain 250, horn is nice and loud, turn signals have a positive switch feel both in turn mode, and cancelling the signal. High beam, turn, and neutral indicator lights work as they should, and the spedometer is lighted. Clutch and front brake lever both feel just as they should. I have always liked grippy metal footpegs, and these don't dissapoint. Your feet will not slip off of these. Rear brake pedal has the same searated grippy texture. B+

7. Exhaust note sounds like any Honda or Kawasaki. Nice and quiet with that distinct thumper sound. It may be a bit restrictive, but it won't bother your neighbors either. For a stock exhaust it is quite acceptable. B+

8. The gearing is more off-road oriented, but there is no doubt I could climb any hill you can find. Cruising speed is about 50 to 55mph, and top speed with this gearing looks to be about 65 to 70 mph. I plan on looking for a larger countershaft sprocket this week (+2 teeth) to see what that does for cruising speed. I'd like to be able to do 65 without stressing the engine. Overall quality is very good. Welds look good, but not excellent. There are a few things associated to fit and finish that fall short of Japanese quality bikes that cost 4 times as much, but you can't deny this bike is a super bargain. I still can't get over what a deal I got, and my friends say the same thing. Overall rating I give the Hensin HS250DB a solid A at the going price. You will be hard pressed to beat this deal.

I will post more info as I spend more time on the bike.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #45

That's GREAT! Congrats! We also have been very happy with our Hensims.

Concerning your rear shock....the one on my GY5 was SUPER stiff when I got it. Almost rock hard. Just after a handful of trips out to the OHV park and pounding a bunch of round river rock....it's softened up nicely and actually has some life now. Hopefully, yours will do the same.

I had the 15/56 tooth setup on my GY5. I highly recommend the 17 tooth countershaft sprocket! WORLD of difference....but still leaves enough grunt to climb steep hills. It looks like you have the same gearing my GY5 has. What is that riveted ring on the rear sprocket for anyway!? :? We've had plenty of 'beer discussions' over that in my garage. 8)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350