Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2018, 11:06 PM   #1

Thumbs Down My Video Content Was Stolen by CSC

I am extremely upset at CSC motorcycles for stealing content from an unbiased RX3 video I produced along with my friend Keith without any permission whatsoever by either of us. Email sent to the owner of CSC tonight stating the following:

Steve –

I am extremely upset you copied my unbiased video on my RX3 to use as your marketing material. This was an objective review of the bike which I expressly told your previous marketing manager that it was not to be used as marketing material for CSC in any way.

I have reported the infringement to YouTube and ask that you IMMEDIATELY remove the video from your marketing material.

I do not work for CSC, have not been paid for this content by you, and do not wish to have it distributed as such. This is totally unethical and you really have no right to do this.

If the video is not removed immediately, be advised that I will hand the matter over to my attorney to handle with you personally who, along with the creator of the video, I have copied to this email.

I would appreciate your prompt reply along with an apology and explanation as to why you, or someone on your staff, felt you had any right to do something such as this.

Victoria Zandonella

As an independent journalist, I expressly told them previously that they were not allowed to use the video for marketing purposes. They have also twisted my experience with this bike in their comments. Extremely upset and I have really lost all respect for CSC motorcycles.

I will await word back from Steve Seidner, the owner of CSC and hope he will do the right thing and immediately remove the video from CSC's YouTube channel - if YouTube doesn't remove it first as it is a copyright violation - stealing someone else's work without their express permission. Otherwise, I will have no other option than to pursue the matter legally via a Cease and Desist order.

My experience with the bike was also twisted by whomever wrote the comment that went along with the video - this is such a blatant violation of my words and content - I am shocked a business owner would do something this lacking in integrity.

Disgusted.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Last edited by Dualsport Chic; 09-24-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 AM   #2

This does not sound typical of how CSC does business--not how the company has treated others for years. I will wait for CSC's response before passing judgement because I've seen dozens of similar fits pitched over the years for a number of reasons, and the artists are usually mixed up due to emotional attachment. But not always.

I already probably know the outcome, and you ain't gonna be happy or make any money. I expect CSC will simply click a mouse and you and your work will be history. Pretty much anything on the internet has no practical copyright so I figure the only way you'll get an attorney to help will be to pay up front. The first thing out of the attorney's mouth will then be asking why you were dumb enough to post your video where it could be copied? Considering the millions of home videos by people who think they are especially talented pros on the market today, well, your video probably isn't worth much financially, no matter the affective qualities.

I understand how angering misuse of your intellectual property can be, Lots of my work stolen, too, one reason I don't do art anymore in spite of the pleas. All I do these days is one-off gifts of special meaning for certain individuals who deserve special rewards for recognition of that which they have done for others. Gifts usually are passed on to the people served by the recipients, so the recipients receive an even bigger gift, the looks on the ultimate receivers' faces when things are passed out.

I hope you can find some peace and comfort in your heart.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #3

The video has been taken down - thankful for this. I have yet to hear from CSC on all of this. I would agree, content gets stolen all the time, however, I expressly told them it was not to be used when the video came out. Disappointed to see a 'reputable' company pull a stunt like this.

For the record, I have made ZERO dollars from this video or any others that I help create or personally publish. This is so not about the money. This video was an unbiased review of the bike and I created it as my honest experience of this machine given the 3K miles I had ridden it up to that point in time. However, I am certainly not going to allow someone/some company to steal and profit off my work as well as stain my journalistic image of fair and unbiased reporting in my reviews.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Last edited by Dualsport Chic; 09-27-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #4

I agree with you on your action Victoria. If you didn't give them permission they should of respected that and never posted it.
I deal with it all the time. I have a drafting service and had worked for a architectural and engineering firm. My work has been stolen many times over and end the end I've been compensated for it. The best one is I got a call from the permit department asking me questions on project that was being build. I'm like what project is that? The condos on Main St. ME... I don't have a project on there. Them...It has your name on the plans. Me.. I'll be right over. Needless to say the project got put on hold until I got paid in full for the plans I drawn up. House plans are another story. Constant call from the lumber yard asking questions about plans. My 1st question is who for? It's like mail box money with out having to do any extra work. lol
What people don't realize is that you don't have to go out and apply for a copyright every time for drafting, design, photos, videos, ect. There are laws already in place to protect individuals like us.
I'm glad to see that at least they pulled it down.
https://www.videomaker.com/article/c...er-should-know
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 09-25-2018 at 09:33 AM.