Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
"Some of my best friends are Canadian..." LOL!
Me too, Doc. I know our brothers to the north have a good sense of humor.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
What are you talking aboot, eh?

What I'm talking aboot is, leaving my nice warm bed at 3:30am for a 6am flight from Chicago to Atlanta. Getting to Atlanta at 9am, have the sales rep pick me up and take me to the NS railyard, arriving at 10am. Have the problem fixed by 11am, talk to the guys on how not to booger up their machine(here's where one guy says,"You'n don't sound like yer from Chicaga, you'n must be from up in Canada."me-"Northern Wisconsin" Jethro- 'Ain't that the same thing?") leave the rail yard, get lunch, back to the airport, stand by for a 2pm flight, back in Chicago by 3:30pm, home at 4:30.

Never felt the home bound flight leave the gate, taxi, or take off. I was in LaLa land for a good hour.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Last edited by cheesy; 05-13-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Mi pruf reeding skilz neid werk

Old 05-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
What are you talking aboot, eh?

That is humour. I recognize it as such.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That is humour. I recognize it as such.
Thank you, Weld. My careful selection of emoticons was chosen to reflect a playful, humorous demeanor.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-14-2013, 02:24 AM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
What I'm talking aboot is, leaving my nice warm bed at 3:30am for a 6am flight from Chicago to Atlanta. Getting to Atlanta at 9am, have the sales rep pick me up and take me to the NS railyard, arriving at 10am. Have the problem fixed by 11am, talk to the guys on how not to booger up their machine(here's where one guy says,"You'n don't sound like yer from Chicaga, you'n must be from up in Canada."me-"Northern Wisconsin" Jethro- 'Ain't that the same thing?") leave the rail yard, get lunch, back to the airport, stand by for a 2pm flight, back in Chicago by 3:30pm, home at 4:30.

Never felt the home bound flight leave the gate, taxi, or take off. I was in LaLa land for a good hour.
That was a quick fix. I'm sure it was very nice to get back home on the same working day.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #276

^^^Yeah, it was, Spud.

A pretty hot one today, temp-wise. Bike ran pretty hot, too. I'm not at all impressed with the thermistor set up so that is getting yanked next week(working late all week and in MN for bicycle shenanigans Fri to Mon) in favor of the temp switch/relay set up. Good thing I thought ahead and have the harness ready to go.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #277

I can't recall; do you have a gauge for it as well?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #278

Quote:
I can't recall; do you have a gauge for it as well?
Yep, and I'm starting to think my new Autozone Duralast* thermostat may be the culprit. Tested ok in the boil test and opened fine when I 'burped' the cooling system but seems to run hotter each time I go out. Bet it's opening slower and not all the way. Think I will put the old Honda t-stat back in next week.

*Duralast I should have known better.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #279

In the automotive world, I have gutted thermostats, so that only the restrictor plate remains. It will run as cool as possible that way, and certainly cooler than no thermostat at all.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #280

Mrs. C threw in the towel on the seat cover today and let me spring for a new Saddlemens cover. Bought it through Amazon so I didn't have to poke my head in the local HD dealer and pay their mark up.

For grins, I lowered the set point on the thermistor this morning before I left for work. A bit of an improvement on the ride in and worked fairly well while sitting in rubberneck traffic on the way home.

As an aside, be careful out there guys. The aforementioned traffic was caused by rear ending at a stop light and was merging two lanes into one. I was side by side with another rider in the main lane of traffic when a jackass tried to force his way in beside us. Unfortunately for him, he did it in front the cop directing said traffic. Cop stood in front of him and stopped traffic in our lane. He motioned us through, and pointed to the jackass to park on the shoulder. Last thing I saw in my mirror was the jackass leaned over the hood of his car, being fitted with chrome bracelets.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
...I was side by side with another rider in the main lane of traffic when a jackass tried to force his way in beside us. Unfortunately for him, he did it in front the cop directing said traffic. Cop stood in front of him and stopped traffic in our lane. He motioned us through, and pointed to the jackass to park on the shoulder. Last thing I saw in my mirror was the jackass leaned over the hood of his car, being fitted with chrome bracelets.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #282

New saddle cover day today.

Old and new covers.

New cover on the seat pan

On the CX

Lemee tell ya, it was a tough job. Somewhere, I read thirty to ninety minutes to install the cover. Three and a half hours later, it was back on the bike.
I've got so many holes in my hands from the nasty little claws on the pan that eating potato chips is gonna be painful.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 05-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #283

The new saddle cover looks great!

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #284

I've recovered several dirt bike seats in 30 minutes, but they have plastic pans that accept staples. I've only ever recovered one motorcycle seat with a steel pan and those awful metal triangles. They suck.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #285

Quote:
I've only ever recovered one motorcycle seat with a steel pan and those awful metal triangles. They suck.
I said much, much worse than "They suck."

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800